7

I was on my phone trying to book a flight while in the back of the uber because I didn't want Lex to have to leave just because of me. I told her I would be fine that I would text her if I need too.

I ran up to my apartment and grabbed the nearest suitcase and started shoving close, shoes and all my essentials and zipper it up. I put on comfy pants an my Kansas city chiefs sweatshirt and ran down the steps because I didn't have time to wait for the elevator.

My Uber managed to get me there with 10 minutes before my flight.  I thanked him and ran to check my baggage.

Thankfully I made it in time and I got a window seat next to this older lady. She was really nice.  she told me she was visiting her daughter in Tennessee but had to make two stops.

I decided to put on my hood and listened to music trying to not think about my mom. I drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later the lady woke me up saying we were about to land that we need to buckle up.

We landed and I said goodbye to the very nice lady to come to find her names, Betsy. I grabbed my suitcase and walked off the plane. It feels great to be back in Kansas.

I got into the nearest taxi and I told him to take me straight to the hospital.

I barged in there and I think I scared the poor lady at the front desk. Out of breath, I asked here where Trinity Williams is. She said 225 on the second floor. I grabbed my suitcase and rolled into the elevator. It felt so slow going up.

It finally opened and I walked out into the waiting room and saw the back of dads head because he always wears his black hat backward. It's his favorite one.

"Hey, dad, " I say sitting down next to him giving him a hug.
"Hey, sweetie, he says as I lay me head on his shoulder as he pats my head.

"How is she I ask?"

She's still sleeping right now luckily they got there on time. She had trouble breathing and then passed out an I called 911.

Well, I came straight here to see how you were and how she's doing. I'm going to head home I say kissing his cheek and his scruff tickling me.