11

Today's the day I'm back in Kansas once again luckily Lexie came back with me and my mom loved Lex like one of her own too.

In my former room, sitting at my vanity staring at myself in the mirror contemplating things. I didn't even know who the girl in the mirror was anymore. I determined to put on my mother's favorite dress of mine a black dress with a flowy skirt and diamonds around the neckline.

Eventually, Lex walks in asking if I was ready to go as I applied a little more mascara. "Ready as I ever will be," I say with a sigh.

The service was lovely. My mother would be so proud of so many sunflowers. Those were her favorite blooms. I and Luke got up and each took turns reading the letters we wrote. I put mine in the casket with my mother afterward. Laying a sunflower next to her. I walked over to my father and gave a very long hug. I wanted to cry, but I needed to be strong for my family.

Afterward, there was a gathering in the elementary school cafeteria where ever could bring a dish.

I decided to head home, I had a long day. At home, I stripped off my dress and ran the bathwater and slowly slid in.

I laid there in the dark bathroom with candles lit on each corn of the tube and let my mind fall back and I let a few tears slip out.

Cassie knocked on the asking if I was okay which took me out of my trance.

"Yeah, I'm all right, " I holler back through the door.

I got out and threw on a big T-shirt and my underwear and crawled into bed. I sat there with my eyes closed and all of a sudden I get a notification on the phone and it's a Facetime from, Colby.

Hi, I answered tiredly.

Hey, he said

Shouldn't you be calling your girlfriend, I answered back?

I just talked to her and I wanted to see how a friend is doing.

Ouch, that hurt me even more I thought. I attempted to not show that it hurt me.

So how are you really doing, he asked with a concerned face?

I'm all right, I'm getting there I say with a sigh.

Well, I'm here if you ever need to talk, he alleges.

Thanks, I say and turn onto my side with the phone so he can watch my face still.

We talked for two hours and all I recall is him saying Goodnight and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

I woke up to my dad banging on the doorway asking if I wanted to go get breakfast with him, Luke and Cass. Yeah, sure I say, rubbing my eyes. I look all over for my phone and find it tangled in the blanket and I smile to see Colby still sound asleep on the phone. I took a screenshot and whispered thank you and hung up.

I got up and got ready to head out to the little diner down the road. I had on a pair of leggings and Colbys sweatshirt and my slides. I really didn't care at the moment. Me Cass and Luke all piled into the truck ready to proceed.