Chapter 15 - You think i won't make fun of you? (Part 2)

“We’re gathered here to say our final goodbyes to our friend, son, brother…” the priest kept talking, but the words were fading as his eyes bored on the closed coffin that was resting on the ground, ready to be buried.

He couldn’t believe he was gone… or said better, he didn’t want to believe that. He could feel his tears falling down his cheeks and meeting on his chin, yet he didn’t do anything about it. He just looked down in attempt to hide his face.

He starred down at his black suit, black tie and white shirt, his hair falling over his forehead, and he wished he had had the chance to at least say goodbye.

“Zayn! Come on” his mother put a hand on his shoulder, getting the boy out of his trace of thoughts and memories. “It’s over! Let’s go home” she whispered, pulling him towards the car.

***

For a second everything became a blur and Zayn now stood in front of his old school. He looked around with a forced smile on his face as everyone was looking at him. He didn’t like to be surrounded by many people even though he was ‘popular’ at school and everyone followed him wherever he went, but today there were more people around him, and he knew why.

He had been spotted with some famous model that same weekend, and everyone now wanted become his friend, more than usually. He rolled his eyes at the pathetic situation, but there were people everywhere, including some people with cameras that asked him whether he and the model were dating. The girl had probably avoided him, and they somehow had found out who Zayn was so they could harass him, and make him say something more about their relationship.

He walked keeping his head down, and he thought that the situation wasn’t only pathetic but also comic. Just because he had given her the phone she had dropped, everyone assumed that the son of the most powerful Company dated the model. What he didn’t think was funny was the fact that he felt like he was suffocating. He was surrounded by people he didn’t know, and that was making his phobia kick in. They were to close to him, and many so he winced every time someone touched him.

It was getting hard to breathe and black dots started blurring his sight. It felt to him like he was having a seizure, as he had to push people to walk on the hallways. Hundreds of voiced made his ears beep and his head ache. Suddenly he felt his power drain of him, and he felt himself falling.

***

He fell and the cold water hit his body. He screamed, but all that came out of his mouth was a quiet squeal and bubbles. He tried and struggled to reach the surface, but he couldn’t. His little legs wouldn’t push him enough and his arms weren’t strong enough either. He felt himself choking and his lungs burn but he was exhausted and had no power left in him.

He gave up and started sinking down by a faster pace, and he closed his eyes waiting for something to appear, he wasn’t even sure what. Just then he felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his small body and opened his eyes with the last bit of strength he had, seeing his father’s frantic face.

***

The scenery changed again, and Zayn found himself even younger. His little legs ran across the green field, towards the park playground with his nanny trailing behind. He smiled big watching his surroundings, but the smile fell as soon as he noticed that the swings were occupied and there were two boys playing in the sandbox.

“Zayn! Don’t run away like that again” The 23 year old nanny Casey said ruffling his hair, making Zayn groan for a moment. “Do you want your toys, and play in the sandbox?” The nanny asked, making Zayn shrug and look towards the two boys trying to build something.