Chapter 2 - Proposing

Zayn’s  bad boi gone soft P.O.V

“Here let me help you” my mum smiled, trying to untie the knot I made.

“Do I have to wear a tie?” I whined. My mother raised her eyebrows, finally tying it the right way.

“You’re proposing today, you have to look serious, so Mr. Styles will be convinced that he’s making the right choice, by accepting the proposal! … What are you thinking about, you have a mischievous look on your face” She asked giving me a suspicious look

“Are you saying that if I dress up inappropriately he won’t approve of the marriage?” I grinned playfully, making my mum slap me slightly on the arm. I laughed at how much she believed in everything I said

“Zayn, don’t you do that. Your father will think that I’m okay with you acting like this and he’ll get mad at me” she said seriously. I bit my lip and nodded slowly. My mum brought my head down, and kissed my forehead. Then she handed me the little velvet box. I opened it, to reveal a cute diamond ring that probably cost my dad a fortune.

“There’s nothing I can do now” I sighed, taking the ring between my fingers, and studying it. It reflected the light coming from the window, glinting slightly. That glint reminded me something… or said better someone. Harry, the boy I met last night. He had this glint in his eyes, that craved something down deep inside me. Just the thought of him made me shiver.

“Zayn, Tricia? Are you ready?” my father entered the room, wearing a similar suit to mine. Actually I don’t know if it was similar or not, they all look the same! It’s a suit!

“Yes!” my mother went to him smiling, and kissed him.

“Zayn can you wait for us at the car?” asked my father, nervousness noticeable in his voice. I nodded, and walked outside of the room, giving my parents space to probably talk. I closed the door, but didn’t head to the car. I stood outside listening to my parent’s conversation.

“Yaser, please, don’t force our son into this! I’m asking you for the last time”

“Tricia, I have no choice! We will lose everything” my father said in almost agony

“W-What do you mean” I frowned, pressing my ear against the door.

“The company is about to bankrupt. He’s the only one who can save it, and this is the only way” I felt my heart drop, to the pit of my stomach.

“I thought…”

“You thought I was some kind of tyrant, who was forcing my own son to get married, only to get more powerful” I knew those words were hurtful for my father, but he said them anyway. I removed my head from the door, and numbly walked outside, waiting for my parents by the car. I can’t believe I thought that low of my father! He really wanted my best! 

I looked at the box in my hand, and squeezed it. I really had no choice. I had to save the company, or my father would lose his mind.