Chapter 20 - What happened? (Part 2)

Harry tried to call Zayn even though he hadn’t thought about what he was supposed to say. He just knew that he needed to hear his voice once more. He didn’t fully understand what had happened. He didn’t know if it was really his fault even though he blamed himself endlessly.

Once again he placed the phone over his ear, and listened to the ringing that was getting annoying making Harry almost throw his phone at the wall. After half an hour of trying, he went to his room to do whatever he does in the early morning such as taking a shower and getting dressed before going to visit his sister at the hospital.

He hoped that Zayn had a strong reason why he wasn’t answering, and sure enough he found it as soon as he stepped on his room, and tried once more to call practically the love of his life.

There on the ground were resting Zayn’s skinny jeans which started vibrating in sync with the rings coming from Harry’s phone. The curly haired lad walked over to the clothes and searched through the pockets until he found what he was searching for. Zayn’s iPhone flashing Harry’s name on the screen.

Harry groaned in frustration, cursing himself and his stupidity. Why couldn’t he just look down? He would have spotted the pile of clothes and he would know that Zayn was still there, but he chose to b stupid and let the negative thoughts get the best out of him.

Couldn’t i just be happy for once?

Zayn in the meanwhile had shut himself in his room, and was playing loud violent music, which he rarely did. He wanted to block everything out and feel like he didn’t care, when deep down he knew that he would break down any moment and start listening to songs about ‘Forbidden Love’ or songs about when the other doesn’t return your feelings.

He knew it was stupid, but there was this thing about music that made him feel like he wasn’t the first or the last one to experience something… but in this case he didn’t think there was someone else who had an Arranged Marriage with a beautiful girl, but fell for his brother-in-law, slept with him, and then got heartbroken because the other wasn’t sure about his feelings.

Zayn couldn’t understand why Harry had lead him on, and then cried in the morning. He said that he was sure when Zayn asked him the previous night. Did he realize just that morning that he didn’t like Zayn in that way?

This is complicated!

Harry got dressed and without bothering to dry his hair he walked out of the house and got in the cab that was waiting for him. He told the driver the location and then rested his head against the window.

He thought about every possibility, about everything that could happen, about how thick the tension between him and Zayn would be when they met at the hospital, about how he wouldn’t be able to handle the situation, about how Zayn would make up some excuse and hurt him even more, about how he would have to live with the guilt and pain for the rest of his life… but there was also this slight hope inside of him that Zayn hadn’t used him. That he had just misunderstood everything.

He knew that Zayn would soon appear at the hospital but once again he didn’t know if he was strong enough to confront the dark silky haired boy with the breathtaking golden orbs, so he told the driver to change direction, and bring him to a whole other place.

Zayn walked down the familiar street, debating with himself.  He knew that Alice would be disappointed if he didn’t go to the hospital, but he didn’t want to see Harry just yet. He needed to mentally prepare himself for the worst, and he knew that it would take a while.

He starred down just like the first time, ignoring everything else surrounding him. He thought he was being pathetic, but then again it was what everyone else did, wasn’t it?