Chapter 20 - What happened? (Part 1)

Zayn felt something move by his side, making him groan a bit, before opening his eyes to the blinding light. His eyes fluttered open and close a few times, before finally getting used to the brightness, and registering that he wasn’t in his room.

He frowned for a second before grinning big, when he remembered why he was feeling so light and happy that day. He turned his head to the side, only to see a sleeping Harry, with his head buried in the crock of Zayn’s neck.

Zayn  bit his lip to hold back the grinning, and stroked Harry’s face who leaned into his touch, and smiled in his sleep.  Zayn couldn’t believe that something like that happened in such a delicate moment, but it couldn’t have been a better one.

Now Zayn had hope that everything would be fine. Harry liked him, Connor was back and he still loved Alice who loved Connor back. Maybe they could cancel the wedding?

After about 30 minutes of smiling to himself, starring at Harry’s sleeping face and sighing in content, he decided that he was shifting to much and could wake Harry up, so he stood up slowly, laying Harry’s head on the pillows, and slowly getting out of his grip.

He thought that it would be nice to cook Harry something for breakfast, before the talk that would surely come.  He just hoped that no one was in the house, including the servants.

He tip toed out of the room, and walked down the stairs as quietly as possible. He reached the bottom floor and looked around to see if someone was home. He popped  his head in the dining room, the living room leaving the kitchen for last, and when he was sure that he was completely on his own he walked relieved to the stove and started making pancakes.

Another 20 minutes later the sun rays fell on Harry’s eyes making him shut them tighter, and scrunch his nose. He turned around to shield his eyes from the blinding light and finally found the strength to open his eyes.

He stretched his arms above his head, and felt a bolt of pain shot through his head making him wince. He grimaced when he sat up, his brain still not functioning properly. He felt very tired even though he knew he had slept enough. The sun was pretty high in the sky.

He looked around, and finally everything rushed back to his head. He remembered the previous night with Zayn and for a moment he grinned big, but then he looked to the side of the bed where Zayn was supposed to be sleeping and found nothing.

Harry was gob smacked! He looked at the white sheets, his mouth agape, his sight getting blurry with tears.

Was this really happening to him?

Zayn left in the morning!

Was this just a one night stand for him?

He never said that he likes Harry back…

He never hinted that there could be anything more between them!

He didn’t even leave a note…

He didn’t even wait to talk properly…

He used Harry…

And Harry was heartbroken.

Harry moved, so his back was resting against the head board, and pulled his knees up to his chest, hugging them. He started sobbing as fresh tears fell on the sheets.

How could he have gotten the wrong idea? How did he fool himself? How did he convince himself that Zayn could ever like him? How could he be so stupid?

Small whimpers escaped his lips as he placed his hands over his face. How could someone feel so used, hurt and broken at the same time?

Zayn in the meanwhile finished making breakfast. He decorated the tray as best as he could, and with a smile playing in his lips made his way up the stairs back to Harry’s room.

He walked quietly down the hallway, but when he neared Harry’s room he stopped dead in his tracks. He heard violent sobbing from inside the room and he immediately recognized Harry’s voice. He leaned closer, hoping that he was just imagining things, but no, sure enough Harry was hiccupping and letting out some low cries.

Zayn’s hand rose up to the door handle, but then lowered again, when pessimistic thoughts flied through Zayn’s head.  His eyebrows sunk on his forehead as his lips parted. He placed the tray on a random piece of furniture that was on the hallway and leaned his head against the wall, near the door of Harry’s room, which was creaked open.

Harry’s sobbing was making his thoughts become worse and worse. Why would Harry be crying? He didn’t have the courage to go inside and comfort him.

What if he regrets everything that happened?

What if he realizes that he doesn’t like me?

What if it came to him in the moment and didn’t think much about it?

What if… i messed everything up?

Zayn shook his head looking up to fight back tears, but it just wasn’t working. He felt wet drops fall from his eyes and a sob erupted from his chest. He walked away, hoping that Harry couldn’t listen to him, but on the way with his teary eyes, he bumped on the piece of furniture, causing the food tray fall and the plates and glasses shatter on the ground.

He stopped thinking about cleaning the mess, but he knew that he couldn’t bare look at Harry. He couldn’t bare to hear the words roll out of his mouth. He couldn’t have the broken pieces of his heart shatter even more and turn into dust.

He started running towards the door, not caring that he was only on his boxers and all his clothes were still in Harry’s room. It was one of those moments when you see what you want to reach but the more you try, the further it goes.

Harry heard the loud bang just outside the room, and jumped up in surprise. His parents had given all the servants a free weekend seeing as Alice wouldn’t be back for another three days, and they would spend time with her.

He was sure that he would have been the only person there… unless Zayn was here still. A light of hope lit inside him as he rolled out of bed, falling on the ground because his legs were tangled on the sheets.

He landed on the ground with a loud thump, groaning as he stood up and quickly put on his underwear. He didn’t bother to put on anything else and ran outside his room stopping immediately when he noticed the mess on the floor.

His eyes roamed on the floor as his mouth hung open when he noticed the orange juice, pancakes, whip cream and syrup on the floor along with the broken pieces of the dishes.

Realization hit Harry as he took in everything. He then remembered that Zayn could still be in the house. He needed to see Zayn with his own eyes! He needed to know that he hadn’t used him like Harry thought he had.

 Zayn finally reached the door, swung it open and ran to his car which was parked close to the door. Thankfully he had left the keys inside the car, so he just turned the key and as fast as he could he drove out of the driveway feeling like an emotional mess.

Harry jumped over the mess on the floor and ran downstairs noticing that the entrance door was slightly open.  He made a few big steps and found himself outside. Sure enough he spotted Zayn’s car leaving just now, but what shocked him was that Zayn’s eyes were teary.

“What happened?” Harry asked to no one in particular grabbing a handful of his hair in frustration.

________________________

Short chapter i know, but i don't have time to write more, so i'm posting this as a first part, and the second part will come seen... or so i hope. 

Vote, comment and leave me prompts (message me) about one shots if you want, possibly boyxboy and 1D related. 

Sorry for any mistakes

XxXxxEmma