Chapter 22 - Cancel the wedding

“What’s wrong?” Zayn asked Harry, who was staring at the sea in front of him, studying the beautiful view with a frown on his brows.

As soon as Harry heard Zayn’s voice his face light up, the frown disappearing and his lips turned upwards. It wasn’t forced, faked or anything similar, it was a natural reaction Harry had whenever he was around Zayn now. He still was getting used to this whole thing… whatever it was.

“Nothing” the younger turned to face his boyfriend, staring into his golden brown orbs. His hand rose and he traced his fingers down Zayn’s smooth cheeks that were covered in a bit of stubble.  “Just wondering if my parents and Ali miss me… at all”

Zayn didn’t really know how to respond to that. If he said that they missed Harry, which they probably did, then he would make Harry feel bad for doing this to them. If he told Harry that they didn’t miss him, then he would practically be saying that he wasn’t worth and that his family didn’t love him.

“Harry, i know this is hard. It’s hard for me as well and i promise we will be back as soon as the waters are clear. As soon as they get used to the idea of us being together and accepting the fact, we will go home. I promise”

Harry smiled at Zayn’s words. Whenever he heard Zayn call him his boyfriend, say that they were together, or that he loved him, he could feel his heart thump in his chest a million miles per second. He knew that he was happy, but he would have been happier if he had his family’s blessing into this.

“I love you” Harry said quietly his hands falling from Zayn’s cheek to the collar of his t-shirt and bringing him close to connect their lips.

Zayn smiled in the kiss. He couldn’t get enough of Harry’s kisses and touches and as much as he thought he still wasn’t used to them , he knew that he wouldn’t be able to live without those.  Their lips were pressed firmly against the others, without moving, just breathing in.

“I love you too” Zayn started to say when Harry pulled back, but it got muffled when Harry pressed their lips together once more for a couple of seconds.

Zayn looked into Harry’s eyes and noticed the slight hint of sadness. He knew that his own parents were probably freaking out since they had disappeared from UK three days ago, but his parents were more understanding. Harry’s mother was really nice, but she depended too much on her husband who was a radical.

“Maybe you should call Alice and talk to her, ask her if she’s fine” Zayn said grabbing Harry’s hands, making him look down at their intertwined fingers.

“I don’t know…” Harry said after a couple of minutes of silence “What if…?”

“Harry, Alice understands, hopefully… hell, I know she does!” Zayn exclaimed raising his eyebrows, making Harry chuckle slightly.

“I don’t have a phone and you don’t either” Harry pointed out. They could use the hotel phone, but it would be an instant give away. If they used the payphone, there were ways to know in which country and city they were in and Malaga wasn’t as big as London.

“Just go out and call her. I know she will be happy for us” Zayn assured and Harry bit his lip thinking. He really missed his sister, so he might as well call her.  “If you think she’s suspicious and will tell everyone where we are, we’ll just fly somewhere else”

“Can’t they just track us by our passports?” Harry asked narrowing his eyes

“Yes, but they’re not allowed to check the passenger list i think… and even if they find us, we’re adults and we can do whatever we want right?” Zayn smiled at Harry who immediately smiled back.