Chapter 21 - You kissed me...again!

Harry rushed to his room, fear dominating every single cell of his body. He ran from one corner of the room to the other not forgetting momentarily why he was there, until he finally stopped, smacked his face and told himself to focus.

He reached under the bed and grabbed the huge suit case. He wasn’t sure about how he was feeling, but he didn’t let that get in the way. He paced around, throwing clothes inside the case. The looked for casual, comfortable clothes, underwear and mostly converse. He couldn’t pack much, maybe 7 changes of clothes.

He went to his drawer grabbing a few pictures, but then threw them all on the ground. All but one. He placed it in the side of the suit case, careful not to ruin it. He searched for a notebook and as soon as he found it, he ripped one page and wrote one single line on it.

Don’t look for me! - Harry

His hand lingered on the page, thinking about writing something else, but he couldn’t think about nothing nice to say, so he gave up. He threw the pen on top of his bed, and placed the paper on his bedside table.

He walked to his closet once more, and looked under the clothes where he had hidden a few hundreds of ponds along with his passport and his credit card. He took them all, securing them in his pockets.

He rushed back to the suitcase and zipped it closed.

The taxi driver that was waiting for him outside was honking, and Harry cursed under his breath. He had been clear when he had said that he would take a while, and had asked him to keep quiet, and that Harry would pay him extra money.

Harry hoped that his parents wouldn’t decide to show up home while he was still in the house… usually they had the worst timing. Thankfully Harry grabbed the other things he needed, including some snacks throwing them in his backpack, and carried the heavy suitcase outside, before his parents showed up.

The inpatient driver was glaring at him through the window, but Harry couldn’t care less. He made his way to the back of the car, and the driver lazily got out and opened the trunk for him. Harry threw his belongings in the massive trunk and practically ran to the backseat, opening the door and jumping in.

The driver got in as well, but he didn’t pull out of the driveway. He just stared at Harry through the rearview mirror, looking even more annoyed then before. Harry wished it was the previous driver, who brought him to the café. But he couldn’t do much about it now. 

“Drive” Harry said putting his hands up in frustration, but the man rolled his eyes

“Where to?” he asked ,and Harry told him the name of the bank  they were supposed to stop before going to the airport.

When they turned the corner of the street, Harry relaxed. He was now finally going away. No parents to tell him what to do and not to do. He was free! He could do what he wanted now.

He felt tears well up in his eyes, and he knew they were from both happy and sad tears, but still, It felt like the sky rose over him and without a sound everything became lighter. He felt relieved, but there was also this pain and hurt in the back of his head.

Suddenly Harry was launched forward, when the taxi stopped in front of the bank. Harry rushed inside, holding the papers in his hand. On the way back home, he had called the bank and told them to get ready a certain amount of money, which he would pick up in less then an hour and that it was an emergency.

When he went to the information desk, as soon as he told the woman who worked there his name, she guided him to a room in the back, where a man in his thirties welcomed him. He had to sign some papers and after that he was handed a bag, which held the money he had turned to cash from his bank account.