Chapter 10: Eli Noble

Beatrice brushes a kiss on my cheek, making my chest almost puff out in pure pride. Almost being a keyword. I do my best to clean up what I can, helping Navy carry her dishes to the sink, and lifting her up into the crevasse of my right arm. Her legs latch around my waist, her head leaning on my shoulder.

"Is there something you would like to do today?"

"Can we go for a walk, please?"

I glance at Bee who smiles back at me and answers the girl back.

"Yes, we can, sweetie. Would you want to walk to the clothing store so we can get you your own clothes to wear?"

The little girl squeals excitedly in my ear, making me grimace. She bounces up and down, practically leaping out of my arms and onto the floor.

"I'm guessing that's a yes."

Her grumble has me chuckling as I wrap an arm around her waist. My fingers squeeze at her beautiful bloated belly. She rolls her eyes playfully, swatting at my not hurt arm.

"You know, I should still be mad at you for leaving me."

"Which time?"

"Both times. And thinking you can waltz right back into my life just because you're hurt is not going to work for me. I'm going to make you work for it."

"I honestly wouldn't have it any other way."

"We'll see about that, Whiskey."

"It's actually Eli."

"Eli..."

Fuck, the way my name sounds rolling off her plump and pink lips.

"Eli what?"

"Ludo Noble."

"Eli Ludo Noble. Interesting name."

"Thank you?"

"It's a compliment. And I promise to keep it a secret."

"It's appreciated, darling."

I press a light kiss on her temple before searching for Navy to see if she needs any help. We play tic-tac-toe while waiting for Beatrice to finish getting ready for going out, having to shower and all that. When she comes out of her bedroom, my mouth drops open, my eyes widening at her natural beauty. 

Her white lace top - party see-through - hugs her curves spectacularly, her jeans fitting the roundness of her hips, her black combat boots completing the look without a flaw. She winks as she catches me staring at her, flicking her eyes over my own outfit that I wore yesterday. 

Her nose wrinkles in slight disgust, reminding me that I need to stop by my place for a shower, deodorant, a change of clothes, and pack the needed items for my stay at hers. 

The two of us come up with a plan for us to stick together the whole time - her driving the golf cart around town because, and I quote, 'it'll be super fucking fun.' Around the child, she needs to clean up her language, but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon. Navy runs ahead of us, down the apartment steps, and into the lobby of the building. 

I would be more upset if she were going to be in any danger, but nothing is going to happen in this town. I know that's been said before, but it's Devil's Rose territory, and most know not to mess with it. If anything, we push the dangers outside of the town and deal with them there. 

I lay my hand on the small of Beatrice's back, calming her and reminding her that the little girl is safe. No one is going to let anything happen to her. Truthfully, we don't need a golf cart to get around - my apartment is not that far from the main part of town - but I think she's more excited to drive it than anything so I'm not about to stop her.