Chapter 28: Beatrice Cooper

I barely make it to the restroom, my bladder screaming to be released. Holy fuck. I should have peed in the woods. Thank goodness for birth control because the amount of cum dripping onto my underwear should be illegal. 

I bite my bottom lip as I clean myself up with a piece of toilet paper. I mean, girls gotta do what girls gotta do. When I'm finished in the bathroom, I find Eli leaning against the wall next to the door with his arms crossed tensely over his chest. 

He instantly grabs my hand and tugs me into the conference room where I also see Fiona sitting on Reaper's lap. We conversate for a few moments as we wait for Alpha to join us. I bet he's caught up with that girl that he's keeping hidden from the rest of us. 

Although, I can understand her hesitation. She probably went through hell with Victoria, just as my own man did. I rub my hand nervously as I get myself a more secure place on his lap. He rubs my back soothingly as Alpha finally comes into the room, a medium-sized cardboard box in his hands.

"Before we continue the meeting about the threat, I have a few announcements to make pertaining to the traditions that the Devil's Rose MC has continued through the generations."

Mark my interest peaked.

"It has come to my attention, multiple times now, that the women that have come to our MC as friends and lovers want to have knowledge equal to their significant other counterparts in matters about the club. I have been quite reluctant since my father, Breach, handed this post down to me to get traditions alive - even if I didn't necessarily agree with all of them.

"However, I have come to realize - with some help from a friend - that it is no longer his club chapter. It is mine, and I will do as I see fit. So, from here on out, I am adding a few new standards and traditions that will be passed down from me to the next President."

Oh my gosh.

"Firstly, I want to announce that women, if they want to, are allowed to become prospects and eventually, official members of the Devil's Rose MC which allows them to gain access to everything male equivalents can. 

"Secondly, Old Ladies of any person that is an official member of the MC is allowed to have access to information and be a part of church meetings pertaining to the club. However, Old Ladies are continually not allowed to go on missions because those are designated to riding members.

"Thirdly, there is a major design change for Property Cuts. They will no longer state 'Property of...' in large letters, but it will be their name on the top with a smaller statement at the bottom of who they are an Old Lady to. 

"Lastly, and this rule should have been changed a long fucking time ago, women are allowed to decline an Old Lady offer but still be allowed to stick around the MC territory. There will be no banishments for denying consent."

Fiona and I glance at each other, finding it hard to hear that banishment was even a rule and tradition but thankful that Alpha is changing it. This is the 21st century, and it's time people started realizing that. No matter how many times a minority may get knocked down, there will always be people to fight back. 

Fight for change, equality, justice, and equity shouldn't be fought. Americans say this is the land of free, land of the brave, but it is hard to tell when there are so many cowards only protecting their own rights and not their neighbors.

"Seeing that we have two Old Ladies here, I have something to give to them both. Fiona...Beatrice, can you come up here please?"

We stand together, rising from our partners' laps. When we reach the front, Alpha extends his hand into the box, pulling out two black leather jackets. They are similar to what the men of the club wear, but as we pull them apart to look at writing, we see our names printed largely on the top of the jacket. 

My eyes trace down the back of the material seeing a smaller print of 'Property of Whiskey' lower on the jacket. Not being able to contain ourselves, we squeal in excitement, laying happy kisses on Alpha's cheeks before throwing the jackets on. We strut around the room, forcing the men to give us friendly compliments, but all I can focus on is the heavy gaze of my man. 

He hasn't said anything - not that he needs to with his eyes looking at me like that. I flash him a smile, and I watch his eyes darken substantially. Men can be so fucking easy to seduce. One smile and he wants to get on his knees. It's almost adorable.

"Now that those changes have been made, hopefully, we continue making the MC increasingly inclusive. Onto Victoria."

Fiona and I sit back down on the laps of our men, Eli's arm wrapping around my waist to pull me back into his chest. My touch settles him, my closeness supporting him. I lay my lips on his jaw for a quick second before paying close attention to the discussion around us. 

The plans take longer than expected, but I'm glad that everyone involved is taking great care to make sure no one is hurt and all avenues of attack are being explored. They have also been cautious of how Eli feels and what types of words to use when describing the different tactics Victoria has used for power. 

There are only a few moments where he gets anxious and distressed. However, with me cuddling up on him, he calms himself. I also enjoy having my say in such things. The men are respectful to listen to me and not interrupt when I have something to say. 

Having a seat at this table is much different than what many other women experience.

The plan involves a lot of moving parts I don't entirely understand. But I know the basics. Teams of two, entering every exit with guns ready, don't shoot to kill unless it's Victoria, Alpha will be getting contact with Maximiliano to see if he can call off any men, and making sure to get innocents out of the warehouse. 

Fiona and I - along with the other women (Scarlett, Teagan, Reece, and Navy) - will be staying in the clubhouse since it's not like the bar has weaponry for protection and defense purposes. Dr. Amin will also be on standby at the clubhouse in case anyone needs medical attention, and I'm sure that someone will, whether or not they are a part of the MC. 

I feel good about most of the decisions made but am a little frustrated about being forced to stay back. Even though it's the most rational thing to do. It's personal with Victoria for me now. 

She isn't going to get away without facing repercussions for what she did to my man and other victims. I want to be there to see the capture of that pathetic bitch.

"Tomorrow, two in the morning. I want everyone in this building who needs to be here. We leave at 2:45 sharp."

He dismisses us, leaving my brain pounding with anticipation. Knowing that Navy is safe with Nick here tonight, Eli and I make our way back to our apartment to stay awake the whole night together. And no, not because we are having a ton of sex, but because we aren't going to be able to sleep knowing that we have to wait for taking down the bitch of the century tomorrow. 

As the night rolls by, we drink hot cups of green tea, cuddle under my fluffy blankets, talk aimlessly about random and good moments in our lives, and let the tv run episodes of Parks and Recreation. At one point, we both fall asleep for thirty minutes but end up scaring ourselves awake with Andy screaming on the show. God, he's the best. 

We glance at the clock to see that it's 1:50, and I know it's time we get ready to walk down Main Street back to the clubhouse. 

I dress cozily - black sweatpants, a loose, gray t-shirt, a black hoodie, and a pair of hightop white Converse - not knowing how long I am going to be waiting. Eli is dressed partway in military tactical gear, making me want to fan my face at his handsomeness - he's got me blushing.

***

"I'll be back soon, darling."

"Be careful, please."

"Always. I love you."

"I love you."

He kisses me passionately, his rough hands holding the sides of my face delicately. I'm hoping and praying that he makes it back safely. He is my everything. If I lost him, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. But he's going to come back to me. He will come back to me.