Chapter 20: Beatrice Cooper

I am unsure how long I sit there at the booth. There are no updates from anyone - at least none that I know of. Fiona found it best that she sits here with me, her anxiety spiked too since Reaper is on the team to save Eli. The two of us are a mess and thank goodness that Major continues to give us what we need - food and virgin drinks. 

Neither one of us wants to be drunk if...no when the boys get back. I'm also glad that Nick agreed to occupy Navy for the evening. I don't think I would be able to concentrate on her with the thoughts running through my mind at this particular moment. 

Why am I so nervous to see him again, and why do I think he's going to want to have nothing to do with me? With all of his past trauma and marks and scars and abuses that he has dealt with...he's pushed me away before. How will he treat me this time? I hope - though I would never force him to - he wants to stay with me.

I don't want him to push me away.

The bar door opens to reveal Tank and Carbon in the lead. Fiona and I clutch hands as the rest of the men walk in. Reaper practically runs to Fiona, his arms wrapping around her tightly, their lips slamming together. I glance at them for one second more before turning my attention to the rest of the group. 

It seems as though Eli has already showered and been cleaned up, his hair still slightly wet from his washing. He doesn't say a word as he comes up to me, but his actions say all that he doesn't need to. His hands land on my hips, tears instantly gathering in both of our eyes at the touch, and we fall into each other's embrace. 

Not knowing how hurt he is physically and emotionally, I hold him gently, my face digging into his neck to get as much contact with him without breaking any new boundaries he might have. But, it isn't close enough for him. 

He grabs my legs, lifts me into his arms, and carries me over to one of the more private corner booths. I'm surprised at how close he wants to be. However, he doesn't stop me as I casually stroke the back of his head, gradually moving further upwards to his hair. 

He doesn't stop me as I press our pelvises closer, our chests pushed together. He tucks his head into my neck, taking heavy breaths of my perfume. His right-hand fingers run up and down my spine, his left hand traveling through my thick mass of curls. 

I don't like it when people touch my hair or even ask to - their microaggression of racism clearly showing - but Eli is the man I love. He has no ill intentions, and his touch brings me great comfort. He's the only one allowed to feel the gorgeous hair on the top of my head. 

His right-hand dips around my waist, sneaking underneath my shirt to trace the skin of my stomach. I hum in satisfaction with the heat his fingers leave behind. My own hands roam his shoulders, the tattoos on his neck, and only as low as his collarbone. I know how he feels about his chest.

Yet, he surprises me...again. He clasps my hands with his own, taking a deep breath, and lets my hands lightly trace on top of his chest. I've touched his tattoos and abs there before, but never enough pressure for him to notice too much. This time, however, he allows my hands to press freely, the feeling of his muscular body hot under my touch. 

I run my tongue over my bottom lip, and his green eyes darken substantially as he watches the action. Lips land on my neck, my thighs clenching in anticipation. After all that he has probably been through, the last thing I thought he would want is sexual interaction. 

I guess I was wrong, and if this is something that he needs, I'm fully willing to give it to him. Nothing that I won't enjoy about it. I just don't think I want to do it here in such a public space.

"Let's go home."

"Bee..."

"I know, I know. I'm glad you're here."

"I love you."

"You what?"

"I love you."

"And I love you."

His lips land against my own, my blood pounding in my veins. I clutch at his shoulders to steady myself as he deepens the kiss - his tongue entering my mouth dominantly. I groan low into his mouth, inching myself closer to him. He holds the back of my head firmly, tasting more of me, his mouth moving further downwards along my skin. 

He releases me - my chest heaving - and without a word, pulls me out of the booth. He tucks me tight under his arm in protection, his hands not once leaving me. His body is tense while we walk back to our apartment. He flinches at every noise, his eyes flicking around in hypervigilance. 

That's not healthy; not that I'm expecting him to be in perfect mental, physical, or emotional health after Victoria and her actions. I wonder if the boys ever caught her or it was solely a rescue mission. I'm eternally thankful either way. I unlock the door to see Nick passed out on the living room couch, Navy most likely in her bedroom. 

As Eli goes to see his sleeping child, I wake Nick gently and pay him for his babysitting services that are becoming more frequent. He doesn't seem to mind though since he has continually says yes when I ask, and I always give him the option to say no since there are other prospects I trust to watch the girl. 

He smiles at me, giving me a lovely hug, and exits the apartment quietly. I rush into Navy's bedroom to see my man kissing the top of her head. He reaches his hand out to me, lacing our fingers together. He keeps me by his side and in his eye line at all times while we both get ready for bed. 

With my pajamas consisting of black shorts and one of Eli's large sweatshirts, I slide underneath the covers that have felt so lonely without him. Falling asleep and waking up next to him had become a needed routine. 

When he was gone, when he was taken from me, it was so difficult to sleep without him here. Now that he is again, I'm not letting alone else take him from me. Not under my watch, not ever again.

Those who try will deeply regret it.

"Can you do something for me, darling?"

"Anything."

"Be with me tonight."

"I am with you."

"I mean...rated R being with me."

"You know me, I want that all the time, but are you sure that's something you want to do? And not because I think that there's something wrong with you or anything, but I want to make sure you aren't using sex with me as an escape from what happened to you. I'm not going to be used like that, and I don't want you to start."

"I've been through a lot these past couple of days, and I've wanted to be near you and with you for every second that I've been gone. Being intimate with you makes me feel connected to you. All I want is the chance to be close with you and start healing. We are going to have much to talk about tomorrow and days afterward, but I just want to be near you tonight."

He takes a shaky breath, his body sliding near me to create a slim space between us.

"We'll take it nice and slow, Bee."

I nod my head in agreement, my hands curving around his bare hips to grip his lower back. He lifts the sweatshirt slowly over my head, my naked breasts skimming the gauze material wrapped around his chest that I'm going to ignore...for tonight. 

He moans out profanities as I slide my hands to the top of his underwear, shoving it down, and using my feet to get it the rest of the way. He kisses me lazily but passionately. Our movements are casual, not at all hurried, but fulfilling and restorative. 

My underwear falls off the tips of my toes while they curl at his touch on my pussy. He works leisurely for about ten minutes, not getting me off, but gathering wetness and lubrication. My clit throbs at his comforting grazes, his circular motions, his lips on my throat, his tongue helping create hickeys on my soft, copper skin. 

When he deems me ready for him, he nudges my legs apart, the tip of his hard cock tapping at my entrance. He aligns himself, his eyes staring deep into mine, and enters me.