Chapter 11: Beatrice Cooper

I don't think I have been more surprised in my entire life. Eli's been incredible. Polite, patient, attentive - something I've never seen from him before. Even when he starts to become annoyed with Navy, he has directed that anger into distracting her so she'll stop talking. 

I can't say it hasn't worked. Honestly, I appreciate the gesture - that girl, though very cute, does talk a lot. He even helped with the dishes and tried to help with breakfast. He has been helping me pick out items for Navy, relaxing me, not allowing me to do everything by myself for a whole day. 

Which is something absolutely amazing coming from the man I knew and dated before. Our sex was always good, and apparently still is, but our relationship was toxic. I see him now as a better man, a better person. 

He evolved in a way I never thought he could, and I hope I get to see more of this man. The decision to have him move into my apartment for a couple of weeks wasn't only because he's hurt. 

And now that I've also improved myself, taking time for personal issues that I've never reflected or changed, maybe, just maybe, something new can come out of this. I would be extremely open to the idea, but I don't know if he feels the same.

"Bee, are you okay? You zoned out there for a second."

"I'm good, thinking about things."

"Is everything okay?"

"Can I be honest?"

"I would love for you to do that with me."

"I'm confused. About our relationship."

"I'm going to do whatever it takes to show you that I would like to try again. No matter how long it takes, that's where I stand. Would you like me to do that?"

"Yes."

"I'm winning you back. There's no reason to be confused."

I chuckle lowly, blinking my eyes up at him in a Bambi manner. I place my hand on his chest, kissing his jawline, and leaving him blushing on the sidewalk. My heart races, my cheeks flushing a hot red, my hands shaking slightly. But I can't help smiling. 

I don't think I can stop smiling. Not when he intertwines my hand with him, pulling me closer to him. He winks at me, my face digging into his muscular arm to hide my blush. His chest rumbles as he laughs deeply, and my chest fills with pride and glee that I can make him laugh. 

For the rest of the evening, we lay around the house, jumping over bags of clothes that we were too lazy to put away. It's going to be a fun game until someone - most likely me - wakes up in the middle of the night to get water and ends up falling on their face. 

Eli and I put Navy to bed early, wanting her to get a lot of rest after such a long day, and spend a couple of hours slowly drinking wine in pajamas on my couch while quietly talking about random things from our lives. 

And together, we fall asleep in each other's arms - though not on purpose.

Three Weeks Later:

"Alpha, is everything okay?"

"I'm just checking on you three."

"As you have been twice a week. Is something going on?"

"I want to make sure she's settling okay."

"She's doing great, she's a kid, and you can go talk to her."

"I don't want to hurt her."

"I highly doubt that you will ever hurt her. Come in, say hi, hang out for a while if you want."