Chapter 29: Eli Noble

"Whiskey, fucking stop."

"What?"

"You're so negative. Everything's gonna be fine."

"How the fuck do you know that?"

"I don't know it, but I'm hopeful. Somewhat optimistic. You are ruining the vibe."

"The vibe is that we are about to be raiding an armed warehouse with more disadvantages than advantages, leaving our women alone, and have to face one of the worst people living on this planet. All while trusting that Alpha convinced a gang-boss to get his men to lay down their arms and stop protecting the woman he loves."

"When you put it like that, it sounds terrible."

"It is fucking terrible, Bullet."

"Holy shit, the both of you need to shut up before I lose my shit."

"I don't think Fiona would want you talking that way, Reaper."

"Ah, shit. Now, I'm not going to be able to fucking concentrate on anything fucking else."

"Everyone needs to stop say fuck or fucking."

"Shut the fuck up, Vegas. Poison isn't around right now."

"Actually I'm in the comms. I can hear everything. Reaper, your love is so adorable I want to vomit."

"Jesus Christ, all of you need to shut up. Reaper included."

"No, Tank. I have a right to say what I want."

"I'm pregnant!"

"Poison. You aren't helping."

"What? I thought we were allowed to say whatever we wanted?"

"Enough!"

Alpha's voice erupts through the comms, making Poison shriek loudly. He gives us a lecture about focusing and concentrating on the task. When it's finished, we can joke around. I get what he's saying, I really do, but the back and forth helps. 

I guess, it helps me relieve some stress about the somewhat idiotic thing we are about to do. None of us could come up with a different and/or better plan, so here we are. I dip my left hand under the sleeve of my right arm, tugging at the bracelet that Beatrice gave me. 

It was during the second week of me staying in her apartment; I had been fiddling with some of her hair ties while we watched movies or tv shows or were just hanging out and I wasn't touching her. 

A few of them went missing - most of them in between the couch cushions probably - and we went to the store together where she had me pick out a bracelet that I wanted and she would buy it as a gift to me. It's a simple, black, chain, but I find myself tugging at it when I'm nervous or need to feel closer to Bee.

And right now, she's all I need. I wish she was right beside me. She always has the right thing to say or way to comfort me.

"He's thinking about her again."

"Shut up. He's adorable."

"You know I can hear you both."

"Bullet and Poison, partners in crime."

"Ha, Tank!"

Victoria's warehouse soon comes into view. My heart races a horrifying mile per minute, my entire soul ready for this to be completely over. I listen to Alpha's final commands after discussing armed soldiers. 

Maximiliano and he came to an agreement that it is up to the individual to make the decision for themselves. If they decide to shoot and take an offensive position, we are allowed to defeat ourselves. If they decide not to engage, we are not allowed to defend ourselves, and they will not be punished for surrendering by any gang leaders or members.