Chapter 31: Eli Noble

One Week Later:

She's so fucking beautiful. It's effortless. Beatrice has the audacity to smile so brightly, laugh so flawlessly, dress so elegantly, talk so sweetly. When she came up to me last night, after only about a week of healing from Victoria's wounds, asking if we could go out at the bar and hang out with our friends, honestly...I was surprised. 

We had spent the week laying low, spending a lot of time with Navy, and doing everyday things around the house. With no conflict having us on the brink of emotional disaster, we connected in ways I never thought were possible - emotionally, mentally, and physically. 

Plus, we soundproofed our master bedroom as much as we could without hanging too much on the walls, which has been a freaking lifesaver. For us and our daughter. We have never been more in touch with one another than we are right now. 

I mean, yes, our second time around was incredible and amazing too, but I feel as though we've hit a spot where we can just be. There's no pressure or forceful nature.

We were talking about marriage and decided we aren't ready for that yet, but I am totally okay with that. We are in a good place, and we want to soak this up before moving to the next, if we ever do. 

She's officially my Old Lady, whether or not we get married anytime soon or make the decision to not get married at all. We both have a lot of work to do, individually and as a coupe, before we put a ring on it. And I couldn't be happier that we are in a place where we can communicate with each other. 

It's always been something that was difficult for us, but we're progressing and making improvements. That's more than enough. I love her, I will continue to love her for the rest of my days. That's all that matters. So, to see her sitting there, looking so goddamn gorgeous, it pains me to not be next to her.

My heart palpitates as she grins at me, giving me a subtle wink. She knows. She always knows. I groan, rolling my head back and reaching for my glass of whiskey. I'm so glad I'm behind a bar right now. Those lips looking so kissable, her skin so soft and soothing. 

My grandpa in a speedo, grandpa in a speedo. 

I keep making drinks for customers and MC members as she chats it up with the girls who all continue to tease Alpha about his newfound woman. Everyone - even Poison surprisingly - is clueless when he comes to who the girl supposedly staying at his house actually is. 

The only couple of pieces of information known to the public is that we saved her from Victoria the first time we raided one of the warehouses, and she is going to be staying with Alpha until she chooses what her next steps are going to be. I'm not one to gossip, not a lot anyway, but I have to admit that I'm extremely curious.

He's a closed-off guy, so we aren't going to get anything out of him, and that's why I'm interested in this whole thing. One of the most closed-off guys I know has let a random woman into his house to stay until she knows what she's going to do with her life? 

Sounds kind of like a Reaper and Fiona situation to me. I know better than to asking anything though. He's pretty good about not getting too frustrated with the women of the club too. 

All of them - Beatrice, Fiona, Scarlett, Teagan, and Reece - are very independent and self-reliant but together, they are the most supportive group of women I have ever seen, not that I have seen many. And they are also incredibly good at getting information out of people who don't want to give anything away.

The club might have to use those skills someday.

"Do you ever stop looking at her?"

"No."