Chapter 14: Beatrice Cooper

There he goes again, trying to seduce me into another round of the most spectacular sex of my entire life - better than what it was with him before. With emotions attached, I have to admit even if I don't want to, that sex is just more fulfilling for me. 

That meant a lot that I was able to say his real name when appeasing my sexual desire for him. Knowing that for both of us, sex is more than the physical motions and has emotional value seems cheesy as all hell, but I'm finding the sentiment to be true. 

Fiona was right. I hate saying it because out of the two of us I'm the competitive one, but I understand everything she was telling me when talking about what it's like being with Reaper in such a physically intimate way. What I don't know is how far Eli wants to take this. Take this relationship, I mean. 

He's told me that he wanted more than sex before, how do I know it's true this time? How do I know what he's telling me is truthful? Maybe I'm going to have to be in a relationship with him and take that risk and jump to know. I'm not entirely against that. Not as much as I should be anyway.

"We should go, huh?"

"Bee, weren't you the one who wanted to stay here?"

"But Navy...as you said."

He smiles down at me, pressing a loving kiss on my forehead, and begins to roll out of the bed. For a moment, I watch his sexy and fully naked body move around the room, his muscles tightening and tensing seductively with every stretching movement. 

My eyes flick over the broad expanse of tattoos down his chest, wrapping around his waist, up his back, and dancing along the space of his arms, hands, and fingers. The husky chuckle snaps me out of my lustful and happy daze. 

He sends me a wink, running his fingers down the side of my face, and takes my hand in his to tug me out of bed. His cologne forms around me, creating my personal aphrodisiac.

"How's being a momma going for you?"

"I enjoy it more than I thought I would. I never put much effort into thinking about becoming a parent, but now that I sort of am, I couldn't feel better about it. I hope at some point, we can make me her legal guardian."

"I'm glad you feel that way. She's such a good kid, and we both want what's best for her."

"Of course, I do. You're practically her father."

"I don't think she has connected with me in that way."

"I doubt that. You saved her. It's taking a little longer with you, but I'm sure she'll come around."

"And you would be okay with that? The three of us...spending time together as a family."

"We already have been - unconventionally. It wouldn't be much different, no?"

"You're right. I'm just wanting to make sure."

"If we are to move forward in our relationship, we have to discuss the problems of our past. However, if we can both move past them, I could flourish in a romantic relationship with you. My feelings from last night are no different. I want you."

"I want you too. I need you. I'm glad we can talk about it now."

"You have no idea how much of a relief it is to be able to communicate with the person I once loved, with all of my heart. I see myself doing that all over again but much healthier. Maybe we can take it slow?"

"I agree. We've skipped a couple of steps, but I would love to be real with you in whatever way makes the both of us happy."

"Eli, you are such a good man."

"You are the best woman. My woman."

He lays a light kiss on my lips, holding the sides of my face delicately. I lean my head back while his lips run downwards softly, mumbling something about the smoothness of my skin and cherry scent. Being able to talk with him is so fucking sexy - even if it is just the bare minimum. I grip onto his biceps, catching my knees going weak at his touch.

"Let's go before we never leave."

"Okay, yeah."

He breaks his lips and tongue away from me but wraps an arm around my waist to keep me close. My blush burns my cheek while we walk out of the motel with the same clothes that we walked in with. If this wasn't such a small town I might not feel as bad, but I know that the ten people that have already seen me know exactly what happened last night. 

Well, maybe not exactly what happened but surmounting what they should know. I breathe a sigh of relief when the both of us finally make it to my apartment door, the sound of happy giggles floating through the cracks of the door. 

He unlocks the door, pushing it open and waving his hand to invite me in first - as though it's not my apartment. Navy runs over to us, screaming momma and dada at the top of her lunch. I don't have to look over at Eli to know that he's about to cry at the one word that slipped out of her mouth. Such a coincidence that we were just talking about it.

"You weren't here this morning."

"We are so sorry about that, sweetie. We got caught up."

Nick snorts, pointing to a spot on his neck and winking to me teasingly. Hickey. Do I have a motherfucking hickey and Eli didn't say anything? I wouldn't put it past him. I give the babysitter a fifty-dollar bill as he heads out the door, turning back into my daughter.

"That's okay, dad. I'm glad I see you now."

"We're glad to see you now too. Did you have fun with Nick?"

With the digressing tale about her adventures with Nick around the house going to take more than twenty minutes, I leave Eli to deal with the lovely girl and her voice that runs a mile a minute for more than a marathon. She's too invested in her own story to notice that I have left to shower, brush my teeth, and change into another set of comfortable clothes. 

When I reach the kitchen, my biker man has set out breakfast for me: this includes a ham and cheddar sandwich on a bagel, a strawberry and banana smoothie, and a fried egg white. How in the world does he know me so well? I wouldn't have picked anything different for my breakfast after such a long and strenuous but fun night. 

Compared to my knowledge of him, he knows everything about me. Goodness gracious. He kisses my temple and whispers in my ear that he has to go do MC business. I thank him for breakfast and the night before, laying a heavy kiss on his lips that makes him smile and me a blushing mess.

Navy runs past me, mock vrooming and revving using her voice as she pretends she's on a motorcycle - I'm assuming. She begs and begs for the two of us to go back to the park, so she can see some kid named Flynn. 

And just to spite Eli for fun, I agree to let his daughter go see another child named Flynn - the name of her favorite Disney prince since Eugene doesn't work for her - who might be a boy. I am praying and hoping he or she is cute. I'm not saying the two kids have to do anything 'cause that would be weird, but for Eli, just the idea that she is personally asking to see one specific kid is going to have steam coming out of his ears. 

He's like that. Part of the reason I'm around is not to let him control anyone else's life, including my own. I can't even go five minutes without thinking about him. His touch has permanently burned my skin; no other being able to match up to the way he has my heart racing with a simple, innocent brush of my skin. 

He gives me one casual look with those green eyes, and my running mind stops just to memorize every detail that I can possibly discover - my favorites being the flecks of gold that flash like lightning when the lighting is just right. 

The woodsy yet underlying citrus scent of him has my blood running hotter than lava, my fingertips tingling to touch him, my lips waiting to lay upon his skin, my tongue aching to taste him. I want to be near him.

"Momma! There's Flynn!"

She runs, faster than I have ever seen her, straight into a girl's waiting arms. Cute. A man walks over and introduces himself as Flynn's father. I'm assured that he's glad to meet the mother of the girl that Flynn can't stop talking about. Quietly, we watch the two of them play through the park.