New People and the Award Show

Jisung looked to his right to see Aries fidgeting nervously, looking between Jisung and his hat. " Jisung Hyung, can you take off your hat? I want to see what your hair is like," Aries asks shyly. Jisung smiled and nodded as he took his hat off, revealing his hairstyle. Aries let out a gasp, causing the others including the rest of the people in the room to look at Jisung. Many were surprised at Jisung's undercut hairstyle. Jisung felt himself being red from the attention he was receiving. " Wow, you really suit this hairstyle, Jisung. I think you should have this hairstyle more often," Kard Somin said. Others agree with Somin's opinion, as many of the people took pictures of Jisung while he poses. He smiled and giggled when Kard BM said something along the line of tiddies and the rest of Kard either hit his shoulder or sigh in defeat. After that, the group of 10 boys all got advice from every group about charts, being a leader, being a maknae, working together, how to communicate, etc. It was a lot for Jisung, but he does not mind the good advice since he seriously needs it. There was a lot of talking and bonding with the sunbaes and hoobaes, whether it is one on one or a whole group, it was the ones that help Jisung learn the group and also understand and learn about their struggles and how to overcome them. Jisung was glad he heard these stories because it helped him see how each group became who they are today and what they had to go through. Jisung and the others did not go home until midnight and Hyeon-U decided that he and Jisung should sleep in a hotel room instead. Hyun-Woo had already asked the staff to get a fresh pair of clothes for the next day. It was given to him as soon as they got to their destination. Putting a pair of PJs on and finishing his bedtime routine, Jisung easily fell asleep,

It was 5 am when they both woke up, Jisung knew that NCT would usually wake up around 6 am. So he and Hyun-Woo refresh themselves and leave the hotel to get food and head over to the company to practice and rehearse the duet. Jisung found out that Aries is the one who will be doing the duet with. He went there and greeted Aries with a hug, which Aries returned and they both warmed up before they began practicing and rehearsing. After successfully finishing it, both boys left with Hyun-Woo to go to the venue. While on their way, Aries hands Jisung a box filled with delicious food, which Jisung thanks Aries for. They both ate and chatted as Hyun-Woo drove. Jisung heard his phone ping after eating lunch and he took it out. He saw that a message popped up from an unknown number. The message said, " Park Jisung, I know you do not know who I am, but I will tell you soon. First I will explain something, before I leave and end the contract with SM, I told them that I have a bad feeling that their future boy group will be hurting their maknae with words and action. They ask me if there is anything else I need to say. I told them that if it happens let me know about it. When I found out it was you, I was very worried, because having 23 members ignore you is bad and the fact they insulted you and the haters' comments makes things worse. Do not listen to them Jisung, you will show them the new you. I hope you know that I am watching you, NCT, and the other groups carefully. Because who knows what is going to happen, but with you, I am more concerned and am willing to protect. I hope the group will treat you better and love you better than NCT. I will show myself when you have hit a roadblock, ~ Protector."

Jisung is shocked and confused, who is this person anyway? Jisung remembers EXO had 11 members before and remembers two of them were Chinese who left. He did not know much as to who is still close to the EXO members, but Jisung will think later. The three of them arrived at the venue and immediately all quickly walk into their change rooms after Jisung and Aries greeted bye and knowing they will see each other later. Jisung sat down on the change and the stylist quickly put a wig on Jisung to disguise his actual hairstyle. Jisung isn't annoyed as he wants to keep it hidden. The rest of the NCT members came and Jisung was pulled out of the room by one of the staff to head into another change room where Aries is. Aries share the same reaction as Jisung as they both look at the staff with confusion after greeting each other. One look at the staff who nods once and wink, and they understand it was for Jisung's sake. A couple of minutes later Jisung quickly left to get ready for NCT's performance. It was a bit nerve-wracking because he had to pretend to be fun and happy interacting with the members. They did many songs from Resonate to Work it, etc. Afterward, they all left the stage and went back to their break room. Jisung went back to his breakroom where Aries is at and when he went in, he got spooked when the rest of the members of the secret group surprise him. "Jisung," Mirae Yubin said happily as he and the others greeted Jisung. Jisung greeted back before asking, " ready for it?" The others all nodded, smirking at the plan.

The award show has asked Jisung to perform one song with Aries and dance performance with all of them together. This was kept a secret because of the secret project, the trainees' identity, and it is a surprise the award show planned. The group had practiced it without knowing who they are performing with for 5 months. They had practice nonstop and because of that, they had muscle memory of it down to the detail. After it was revealed who they are performing with, they got excited and nervous because one they are performing with some sunbaes and two, a few of them are performing this time without any of the other members they have. They are performing after all of the performance and Jisung will be changing outfits since he will be having something over his outfit for the NCT performance. The concept of the outfit is badass, but Gatsby style concept. Since NCT will have a prison or inmate concept for their performance, Jisung decided to hide his second outfit by having an orange jumpsuit over it.

Jisung got dressed in his suit and tie for the red carpet with NCT. He is dress like the rest of NCT with their dark green suit, except Jisung is the only one that has the top 3 of the button on his collar shirt undone, has his sleeve rolled up until halfway, and is wearing his dark green blazer as a cape. After the finishing touches, Jisung strolls out with Hyeon-U by his side heading towards where NCT is. Hyeon-U gave Jisung a look and Jisung nodded as he head over to where his members are getting ready to walk up the stage. He waited for the cue and then NCT all walk up the stage, with Jisung being last. All the members bow down and wave to the camera and fan as they smile. As he smiles and waves, he looks over to see WinWin looking at him. Jisung ignored it and continue smiling and waving while posing, before NCT heading down the stage and into the waiting room. NCT went to one while Jisung went to Aries. Jisung is confused as to why WinWin was looking at him but ignored the thoughts as he is getting ready for the show.

Why was WinWin looking at Jisung?