Chapter 16: Prepping and Planning

Dino drop Jisung off at SM company before he left to go to his schedule, and Jisung headed inside the building and to one of the practice rooms to stretch before he starts his dance lesson with the dance teacher. They learn new moves and change up his signature move to one that would be well known to Jisung's new personas, which Kage and the rest of Darkside agree would be Dice. For Harry-June it would be Magic and for Yubin it would be Pyro. Each member was learning new dance moves they each have different dance genres and experiences. Afterward, they had singing lessons with Harry-June, Yubin, and Jisung changing up their singing voices and expanding their vocal ranges. The trio then started changing up their rapping style as well, which for all three, is going to be a bit challenging because of changing their usual style but they knew it was to not be recognized.

After the lessons, they begin changing their writing style, slowly and their speaking voice as well. After taking some breaks, they and the rest of Darkside head into the vans to head to BM's studio for Dino's solo album plan. The talk was a lot with Dino recording a bunch songs, one of which Jisung was featured in. Afterward, Darkside started recording their songs, starting with the first three; Ready Set Go, Let's Roll, and Secret. The first one, Ready Set Go is more EDM style, Let's roll is more rock, and Secret is a mix of electric and hip hop. Once finish they head back to their dorm to have dinner and go to bed. The process starts again with Jisung changing up his workout routine and finishing the rest of the songs for the album which the next three are Restart, Realization, and Anonymous. Then Honest Truth, False, and Mature is the third round of recording with the fourth being: Neutral Side, Knock Out, and Behind the Scene. The last three songs to be recorded with all of the lessons and workouts are: Pushed Away, New Change, and I Hope. With all the songs finished, it was great timing because the time to figure out the choreography was starting. And while they are happy with the songs being produced and all that, Darkside is a bit unsure about it mostly in the composing and producing part. So Jisung called Dino up for help and after the conversation, the group headed over to Hybe building.

Darkside met up with Dino and he leads them into the Hybe building. The group talks about their days and how excited they are about the debut. While also expressing their concerns about the composing and producing part of the songs and needing some feedback. Dino nodded and explain that they will head over to Woozi for some help as he is a producer and might help with giving feedback. They reach a door that is sheer and Dino knocks on it. They heard some shuffling and the door opens, revealing Woozi who greets the group and lets them in. Woozi closes and door and asks them why they are here and DIno explains about the group needs someone who is very experienced with producing advice on the songs they have produced and need feedback on it. Woozi nodded and led them to the seats they all sat down, except for Dino. Woozi notices this and beckons Dino to come over, thinking Woozi needs to tell him something. Woozi then pulls Dino into a seat next to him, surprising Dino and the rest. Dino handed him 2 USBs that are for Darkside and Woozi puts one in and play it. Darkside did not recognize their song, realizing it was Dino's, and froze, while Dino's eyes widen, and stopped the music. Woozi looked at Dino with a confused face and Dino shook his head and apologize as he grabbed the 3rd USB and handed it over to Woozi. Woozi took the USB, but he set it down, turned to face him, and asked, "Dino-yah, why did you freak out?" Dino shook his head, letting Woozi know that it was nothing, but Woozi wouldn't let go. Woozi pull Dino's chair closer and pull him into a hug and said, " dongsaeng-ah, please tell hyung what is it, I won't get mad. Hyung is curious." Dino sighed and said, " it's for a video my friend is making" Woozi nodded, not noticing Darkside smirking and Dino shushed them and winked. Then Woozi took out the 2nd USB and gave it to Dino. Everyone is now ready to hear Darkside's album. Woozi put the first USB in and listen to 7 songs. As he listen to it, he took notes in his notebook. Then he plugs the next USB and listens to the last 8 songs, Woozi is surprised by the total number of songs but impressed by many factors. After finishing writing down the feedback before he took out the USB and handed it back to Dino who then handed it over to Yeong-Ho. Woozi turn his chair around to face Darkside and said, " I would like to say, first of all, 15 in a first full album is a first as the debut album. Another thing is that each song is great, from the composing and producing you did. I do think that the lyric writing could do a bit more work and I can give you more suggestions and feedback on it. I suggest that you can get some help from some seniors like Dino, Ravn, Soyeon, CL, and many others. My one biggest question is that I am just wondering is which song are you using as a title track?" Darkside looked at each other and Jisung said, " we have yet to discuss that, but it is going to be either Ready, Set, Go or Secret. I think Let's Roll is another contender as a title track, but we will discuss it later." Woozi nodded and said, " I heard you all are doing a lot before debut, but with this going on and us keeping Jisung's identity a secret, I do think we will be helping too. So Park Jisung or should I say, Dice, be prepared for all of us seniors, minus many of the SM artists, to help keep your identity hidden, keep your secret safe, hang out with us, etc. So you will be closer to us than with some of those NCT members." Jisung let out a smile and nodded, before he said, " I am told as well and I am a bit excited and nervous meeting, working with, and hanging out with many seniors. Though I know that there is going to be a bit of rumors and talks. I hope we clear those up and keep things on the low. Also, I know that we have others who have secretive schedules to go through but we can't say who. Just hope we can all finish it before that award show" Everyone nodded not noticing Dino giving a sideway thumbs subtly before he said, " I will have Woozi send me the feedback and stuff and send it over to Jisung. Darkside I hope you guys can do well with the mv filming and other schedules. Like what the others have said, if you need anything, let hyung and noona know." Darkside nodded and said their byes before getting ready to head over to the dorm to rest and get dinner. As they were saying bye to Woozi and Dino, Jisung notice Woozi looking at Dino a bit before he back hug him and held him closer, surprising Dino. Jisung ponders and wonders what was Woozi thinking for him to back hug Dino.