҉ 十六 ҉

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

!!!WARNING!!!
This story contains heavy themes of blood, gore, suicide, s*xual-assault, self-harm, and yandere themes.

Story contains spoilers from the anime and manga.

Reader's Discretion is Advised

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

Revelations

Y/N could feel the power surge within her.

Weak.

It was a word she hated. A remnant of the past that had always haunted her. As she stared at the strong man that laid unconscious and the multitude of slayers and kakushi that tried to stop her yet failed, she fully realized that the word no longer applied to her.

Looking at the fearful men around her, she felt the last bit of her phobia diminish. What was there to fear? The men in her past hurt her, yes. But that was when she was young and vulnerable.

When she was... weak.

It's different now, she thinks. Y/N was powerful, and she felt her chest swell with pride.

Despite this fight being written as one of betrayal and misconduct against her comrade, Y/N felt that it was liberating. Even as the kakushi stared at her in horror, she didn't feel regret. If anything, there was relief.

Relief at no longer living fearfully because of the actions of others. Y/N felt like she could do anything she wanted.

Walking away from the bewildered crowd, she picked up the broken mask. Not even sparing a glance to the people behind her, she disappeared.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

In a small house, a woman sat on tatami flooring. In her hands was a letter and a box. Her wrinkled face formed into a look of curiosity as she placed the box in front of her.

Gently, she pulled apart the twine and lifted the lid. Inside laid a familiar kabuki mask. Aside from the mask being split in half, the paint was faded and the wood worn.

Wrinkled hands opened up the letter, and brought it close for her eyes to see.

Dear Kayako-san,

Firstly, I apologize for breaking something that you made with your own hands. I really treasured the things you had given me. It disappoints me that such a beautiful mask was broken. However, there is no need to make a replacement.