҉ 二十四 ҉

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

!!!WARNING!!!
This story contains heavy themes of blood, gore, suicide, s*xual-assault, self-harm, and yandere themes.

Story contains spoilers from the anime and manga.

Reader's Discretion is Advised

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

The Flames of a Phoenix

At the strike of a biwa, Doma's surroundings warped and he found himself in the Infinity Fortress. Face to face with Nakime, he grew curious at the reason for his summoning. From the information that was given, he would be in charge of watching a newly turned, former demon slayer.

What's so important about them?

Doma thought to wait for his master when Nakime plucked the strings of her instrument and he was sent into another room of the fortress.

On the far wall of the room was a soft bed, completely out of place from it's wooden surroundings. In the middle, sat a startled h/c demon.

The two made eye contact, red and e/c eyes narrowing while Doma's eyes grew wide.

Immediately, his mind went blank. For once, all the calculating thoughts behind his charming mask had ceased.

Something swirled within his chest and pulled at the corners of his mouth. It was one of the first times he didn't have to consciously smile.

Is this emotion?

For as long as Doma can remember, there was not a single time he felt a true emotion. There wasn't a single time he truly felt anything.

Since he was young, he had been void of emotion yet with barely any practice, his imitations were perfect. It was easy, he thought.

Keep a smile on your face and everything will appear normal.

He became a king of charisma with followers bowing down at his feet. Even when devouring his own worshippers, the rainbow eyed demon didn't feel pity nor even a hint of joy.

Everything was just so bland.

If there was any semblance of an emotion that Doma had, it would be envy. He often wondered what it felt like to not be empty. To feel full of emotions with smiles that actually reached his eyes. Maybe that was the reason why he liked devouring his worshippers.