҉ 二十六 ҉

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

!!!WARNING!!!
This story contains heavy themes of blood, gore, suicide, s*xual-assault, self-harm, and yandere themes.

Story contains spoilers from the anime and manga.

Reader's Discretion is Advised

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

A Taste of Freedom

In the Infinity Fortress,

Y/N tiredly rubbed her face as she sat up in her bed.

As her eyes cleared, she quickly noticed the figure standing not too far away from her. The figure was stiff, towering over her in bed. The h/c haired demon grew tense.

Y/N was unsure how long the demon had been standing there but she had a feeling it wasn't any short amount of time.

With hairs pricking up from her skin, she opened her hands, preparing herself as her palms heated up.

The demon seemed to notice her wariness. Before she could release any fire, he took a few steps backwards and granted the woman her personal space.

Cooling down but still on guard, Y/N continued to observe the man in front of her. Taking in each detail, she noticed that the demon's marked grey skin seemed oddly familiar. However, Y/N could not recall where she had seen him.

After a moment of silence, the former Phoenix Pillar spoke. Voice still raspy from her sleep, she asked

"Who are you?"

The marked demon's response was slow. With the gears in his head malfunctioning, long seconds passed before he finally replied.

"My name is Akaza."

The itch in her brain bothered the Phoenix demon. It was like she could feel her past memories trying to fight to the front of her mind but none were able to succeed. Instead, she found his familiarity was too vexing and felt unsettled.

"Akaza... have we met before?"

"... No."

Y/N stared at his evasive eyes with suspicion. Despite this being her first time seeing him, Y/N felt irritated by his presence. Pressing a hand to her forehead, she dismissed him.

"Leave."

He stiffened at her order. Suddenly feeling nervous, the marked demon began to stutter,

"I'm... I can't do that."

"I thought you all must listen to my words. Are you disobeying me?"

Akaza quickly knelt down.

Bowing his head, "Of course not. I'll do anything you ask of me but I can not leave you alone."