7 • Life Is Short..Too Short

"Fight for your own fairytale"

✦ ✧ ✦

"Celeste, a fight broke out at the arena. Do we need to send the troops?" A guard asked as he stood at the other side of the room.

"No, I'll go myself, let everyone get ready for training though." Celeste shouted across the large room. The guard nodded and closed the door.
"At the edge of the city lies an arena for training the soldiers but the civilians can't use it. Now a fight broke out so probably some demons or angry teens," She explained.

"Can I go with you?" 

"No you should stay here, I have no clue if it's dangerous or not but your powers are now on in our world. First we need you to control it." She released her wings and wrapped them around herself. A beaming light covers her body and as soon as the light disappears, Celeste is gone.

Not knowing what I should do, I started wandering around the castle. Next door was a long room with a throne at the end. It was probably Celeste her throne.
As I left the room a tall man walked by and walked towards the round table. He placed his hand on a button at the edge of the table. A whole map appears and rises upwards. It was a 3D map. The whole city layed above that table but it was a small version of course. 

The man looked at the castle and swiped with his hand towards the left. The map turned around and the mini castle now pointed towards the man. Because of his armor I wasn't able to see his appearance.

He pushed the button again and the map disappeared. The man walked towards the stables and left. I walked towards one of the huge windows and saw the man take off on a yellow wyvern. 

I heard footsteps behind me as I saw a door open and an older woman came through. She was kinda tall and had dark brown hair and some wrinkles on her face.

She looked at me confused.

"Who are you young man?!" She slowly came closer as she held her hand in her pocket, not knowing what was in there.

"Oh Hi, I'm Rowan, a friend of Celeste. I was supposed to wait here until she finished something at the arena," I explained and smiled at the older woman.

"Why are you here? Why are you with Celeste? Did she bring you here?"

Lot of questions.

"Im here to get rid of some kinds of powers, she is going to help me and yes she brought me," as i answered i showed a kind smile. The woman took her hand away from her pocket and scratched her head. 

"You have Zillah's Armor don't you?" The woman looked me directly in the eyes and I actually kind of felt intimidated.

"I do have Zillah's power of traveling and protection or something."

"Yes that's Zillah's Armor, that power makes your skin like the most unbreakable metal, no one can break or hurt you. The power is important for her, she's vulnerable now. Did you already thought of a plan?"

"No I didn't, I think i'm going to do that with Celeste." I answered and looked at the door of the stables. It opened and Celeste came through.

"Oh hello Mother Meira!" Celeste shouted and waved at her as she walked towards me. 

"Hello Darling," Mother Meira answered as she looked at me again while I was focused on Celeste. She had a small wound on her arm.

"What happened to you?" I grabbed her arm and looked at her arm as she chuckled. 

"Two groups of teens started a fight. One  of them had a knife and tried to stab a girl from the other group, so I jumped in front and he stabbed me in my arm. But he realized real quick it was me so the knife didn't go that deep." She explained and rested her other hand on the wound. A light greenish light came from her hand and lit up the wound. The light disappeared and the wound was still the same. "I healed it so it doesn't hurt me, it will recover quickly so im good." She smiled at me and then glanced towards Mother Meira.

"I see you two already got to meet each other." She smiled and Mother Meira started talking. I just realized she was as tall as me and she had light green eyes.

"I didn't even introduce myself. My name is Meira Winslaw. I'm the second leader of the castle, of course Celeste is the first. And I teach elemental powers and spells." 
Celeste nodded and then looked at me.

"You got Zillah her powers now, no human could bear it for longer than 2 months. If i didn't take you here you could have died. In this world you'll have one year to live." Celeste explained with concern in her eyes.

A wave of fear took over my body as I glanced at Meira and Celeste.

"O-One year?" I mumbled, scared of the thought that I just had one year to live.

"But we can save you, if we can remove it you'll be safe. And when it's gone, i'll bring you back to your world. Until then you have to stay here." Celeste explained.

"Celeste, the guards are heading to the arena for the training, i'll see you there." Mother Meira waved and she walked out of the room towards the stables.

I walked to the window where I watched the man take off, but now Meira took off on a yellow-red Phoenix. Could be Imber, but i didn't recognize it.

"Rowan, I'll show you your room where you can be by yourself if you want too?" Celeste smiled and walked towards the big door while I followed her.

We walked through a hallway and ended at a huge staircase that goes to the left and to the right in a circle. We went upstairs and there was a wide hallway with tons of doors. Every door had a name on it.

We walked further and at the end was one door without a name tag. That was my room for sure.

"Here is your room, if you want different interior tell me, i can create it for you." As she leaned her hand on the door and a light blue light came from her hands and suddenly a nametag with my name on it was on the door.

I opened the door and there was a charming aroma that filled my nose instantly. 

"The smell is because of the flowers at the window, they grew on the mountains behind the castle, they have the best smell ever." Celeste told.

There was a huge bed with crystal pillars and there was a door towards my own bathroom. On the ceiling was a crystal chandelier. Celeste switched a button on the wall and the lamp turned blue, she pushed another one and it turned white.

"You can choose blue, white and red with these buttons" Celeste pointed at the buttons and chuckled.

"If you need something you can go to the stable and look for a wyvern called Arka. She can bring you to the arena where I will be at. Just make yourself at home," she smiled and left the room. I opened the window and took a deep breath.

This is going to be a hell of an experience.