9 • Some Old Man

"Stay with the people who feel like sunlight"

✦ ✧ ✦

[ No one's POV ]

The chains clattered against each other as the corridors of the castle were in total silence. The chains held a woman's wrists. Her hands were trapped in a metal ball around her hands, her hands had no room at all. 2 chains that came from the wall held the woman down. Those chains were tightening every day. The woman was upright on her knees as her upper legs were pierced by knives and spears. In her upper body she was pierced with short but metal spears. Around the woman's neck was a metal collar with a red light. Around her mouth was a metal mask covering her nose and mouth. At her nose there were two holes made so that she was still able to breath. In her back were needles that possessed a green liquid. Every day they were refilled. Her nerves were numbed by the liquid. A pool of blood laid beneath her body and tied arms. The only thing that could be heard was her breath. Her eyes were still free. They were closed like her soul. She had no feeling in her body or thoughts. Until footsteps were heard. A tall man walked up the steps of the castle toward the door of the woman's cell. The doors opened as the man stared at the trapped woman with a grin on his face. He walked forward until he was 2 feet in front of the woman. The cell was a large room with lots of equipment and cameras. Everything was there to hold the woman. There were torture devices and spears to keep her body in pain. The woman slowly opened her eyes. They were pure gray with white pupils. She looked vaguely at the man and her vision became blurry. The man got down on his knees and looked at his captive.

"You are my weapon and you will only listen to my words only, do you understand?" The man spoke in a deep and intimidating voice. The woman had 2 options, to nod yes or no. The man had set the collar around her neck so that nodding yes would not hurt. But no would give her an electric shock.

The woman's pupils were sharply straight. She had the pupils of a dragon. Intimidating and cold. She didn't care what the punishment was.

She shook no.

The man began to laugh and stood up.

"Wrong choice. Dragon".
The woman got an electrical shock. The stinging pain went through her whole body and felt horrible. But she is never going to give herself over to this monster. Never.

The man walked away while another man came in with a bucket full of water. And no it's not for drinking. He threw it over the woman's body and an immense pain shot through her body. Steam came from the body of the woman and blood splattered out of every wound she had. Her eyes screamed pain. The ability to scream wasn't there because sharp points had been put into the mask so any movement with her mouth would hurt. The man put on a metal glove and smiled at the woman. She saw the blurry smile and before she could try to look away she was knocked out.

[ Rowans POV ]

Me and Arka arrived at the arena. It was a big circle platform with a grandstand all around the platform. The pillars around the arena had a tawny crystal colour. At the speakers room sat Celeste with Mother Meira and another man.

Arka landed on the edge of the grandstand and laid her wing down for me to get off. I slowly slid off of her wing.
"Thank you Arka!" Arka screeched and took off as I walked over to Celeste and the others.

Down at the platform were soldiers fighting each other. Not for real, just training. They all had armor that allowed them to move easily.

Celeste saw me and waved at me, Mother Meira smiled at me and the man just nodded. I waved, smiled and nodded back.