13 • The Snowy Beast

"Time will tell"

✦ ✧ ✦

We were flying above the sea for the whole day. It was already getting dark and the only thing we saw was water.

"Hey Lee, what kind of power do you actually have?" I asked, but he didn't show anything except his fighting skills.

"I...I just have fighting skill. It makes my reflex faster, I can just fight better," he answered with uncertainty.
Celeste just looked forward but I thought it was kind of weird. It could be his power but why the uncertainty?

"There! I can see the mountains!" Celeste pointed forward and in the distance were large snowy mountains. Madlock begins to roar but Lee tells him to be quiet. Weird, he isn't even allowed to roar?
Arka and Imber began to fly faster as Madlock followed. Because of his size he is just a little slower then the others. So we came closer to the mountains and a cold wind slammed against us. I noticed that Imber slowly lost his colour. Celeste just stroked his neck as he screeched. His colours kept fading until his feathers were dark red. He was now a dark red Phoenix. Only his eyes were still bright yellow.

Lee grabbed a dark coat from his backpack and another dark brown jacket. He told Madlock something but I couldn't hear. Madlock flew closer to me and Arka and sort of flew below us but next to us. Arka slowed down and I was almost in line with Lee. He threw the dark brown jacket to me and patted on Madlocks back and he flew back in his position.
"Thanks." I just answered. Now he's suddenly nice.

The sky was totally black and there was no sound to be heard. The tip of the mountains were covered in snow. There was no life in sight.

Suddenly an extremely loud roar was heard from the distance. We all looked around us to see what it was. Nothing was moving, nothing in sight.

Arka looked at Imber and Madlock and they all started flying faster and faster. Me, Celeste and Lee had no clue what happened. Celeste signed that we should hold onto the dragons. We heard the same roar behind us again but closer. It sounded like it was below us. There was this tension between all of us. We were all petrified, knowing something was chasing us.

Suddenly a big hole opened in the ground below us and destroyed everything around it. The ground crumbled and a huge dragon climbed out of that hole and opened its mouth and tried to eat almost all of us. He was the biggest thing I have ever seen, and it was just his head. we haven't even seen the body yet! The dragons roared and started flying faster.
That thing wasn't even close to the size of Madlock, and I thought he was big!

A huge explosion was heard behind us as the dragon climbed out of the large cave. He looked at us and climbed on top of the mountain. He clapped his wings and ran off the mountain. He flew right behind us! The beast roared and flew faster and faster.

"We need to split up, just try to keep flying straight so you don't get lost! And stay alive please," she yelled and with a sharp turn she went to the right and her hands started glowing. She waved towards the beast but he didn't care. He flew straight towards me and Lee.

Shit.

Lee made a sharp turn to the left and I was left alone with Arka.
Arka roared and dived straight down into the snowy mountains. She flew right into a cave, it had a small opening so the huge beast couldn't enter. The beast opened its mouth in front of the opening and a huge wind pulled us backwards. Arka clapped her wings with all her power but couldn't escape the beast. I looked behind us and saw his huge mouth ready to eat us.

All of the sudden the wind stops and the dragon turns around. Arka takes a look and we see Celeste making some hand movements towards the dragon. The dragon turned around and flew away. Celeste looked exhausted on Imbers back. Lee and Madlock just came back, Lee jumped on Imbers back and helped Celeste not fall unconscious. Me and Arka climbed out of the small cave and flew towards them.

"What happened? What did you do Celeste?" I was concerned about Celeste, she was barely breathing. Lee supported her as we all flew down to the ground. Imber carefully landed as Arka and Madlock did too. Lee carried Celeste on the ground and grabbed a water bottle from the backpack on Arka. Celeste drank the water and tried to talk.

"I can control someone's mind and body, but it's way harder with big creatures like that dragon was. The bigger the creature or person, the more energy I have to give to control them. But it worked. That's the important thing," she explained as she smiled. She always stays positive and always tries to smile. She's incredible.

"Lets keep traveling. I'm fine so don't worry about me please." She wants to keep going, but I'm still concerned about her health. She stood up and took place on Imbers back, it took place on Arka's and Lee on Madlock. And we all took off.

It slowly began to turn to day time. Celeste was getting better thankfully.
"Rowan, when we get to Zillah. When we stand in front of her. You won't fight. You are not trained and don't have any control over your power. I don't want you to die because when you die, that power will automatically go back to its owner and that's Zillah. If she gets it back she can fight with everything she got." Celeste looked down and viewed the mountains.

"I don't understand all this. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do or even what my purpose is here. Why didn't you just kill me and get the power back?" It could've been an option right?

"We don't kill humans. It's a rule in Arcelia." She strokes Imbers neck.

"What does Zillah actually want? Do we even know that?" I was confused about everything. I don't know who the real enemy is.

"Zillah wants power. She wants to rule by her own, and she wants my power for sure. But I won't let that happen," Celeste explained.

"Even though we don't know what her plans are, she is still the main enemy." Lee looked cold forward as he spoke.

"Ozai is still one of the main enemies. Don't forget him," Celeste stated. Lee didn't respond to what Celeste said. Weird.

I was curious about what Zillah really wanted. What she was trying to achieve. Same about Ozai.

Who was the actual villain?

I'm sorry for the rushed chapter! I'm kind of busy so it's shorter than normal. I'll do my best for the next chapters! Byee <3