24 • The Oracle Order

"Inhale love, exhale pain"

✦ ✧ ✦

*Celeste's POV*

''Even though I wanted to go and save them, we first got to take the citizens to safety. Then we can go and save Zillah and Rowan,'' I declared as Zachris looked at the city, being tormented and destroyed. ''I honestly think we don't have to go there,'' Raven said as she stepped towards the edge of the mountain, glaring at the destruction. ''It's Zillah we are talking about, but this time with Rowan. I'm sure they can escape by themselves.'' Raven turned around as she showed her kind smile while the wind breezed through her hair.

''Zachris do you know where the army of Arcelia is?'' Zachris' gaze looked concerned as he squeezed his eyes like he was thinking about something. He suddenly looked up and pointed at the other side of Arcelia. ''I think they are held underneath the mountains, somewhere in the caves. I have no idea if they are alive though,'' he explained, concerned as I nodded. ''We will go and save the soldiers, they could help us free the city because of the elemental benders among them.'' Raven nodded determined as she jogged to Willow and jumped on her back. I directly followed her and jumped onto Arka.

''Zachris I want you to stay here and help the citizens that Madlock is taking. Do you have any powers?''

''I can control the wind. And I can fight. When Madlock comes back I'm going into the city. I have to help somehow.'' He looked nervous at me as I tried to understand what had gotten into him. He brought us here with a charming smile, then he thought we betrayed the Empire because we brought Zillah on our side, sort of. And now he's all nervous?

''There is no need to be nervous about this. And I'm sure you're in good hands with Madlock, well claws actually.'' I smiled as he chuckled and looked behind him. Before we knew it, large white wings appeared in front of us. Coming from underneath the mountains flying up above us. Madlock was back with tons of people on his back. There were women crying with their children and men looking concerned and terrified. I felt so sorry for what they must have seen. I directly jumped off of Arka as Raven followed. Madlock landed and the citizens slided off from his large wings. ''P-Please help my daughter!! They hurt her and I don't know what to do!!'' A woman screamed as she held a child in her hands. The child was young, too young. She sat on her knees and laid her child in the warm grass. I sat on my knees next to the kid while the mother was sobbing and hiding her face in her hands. She was scared of losing her child, but I couldn't let that happen.

I pressed my hand against the child's neck and didn't feel a pulse.

The child was a little girl with bright blond hair and small freckles on her face, she looked like her mother. The mother had more freckles and darker blond hair. I couldn't imagine losing your child. Even though I never had one.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on the girl. I placed my hands on her chest, above her heart. My hands started to feel warm as a bright light started shining from my hands. My head began to hurt and my arms felt heavy. It wasn't easy giving someone life.

But just as the mother took a breath and wanted to speak, the girl started coughing as she began to cry. The mother smiled and instantly held her daughter's head on her lap and kissed her forehead gently. ''I don't know how to thank you! You have a good heart!'' The mother exclaimed as she hugged her daughter. ''No need to thank me. It's my job to protect you all.'' I held my hand above her daughter's face and twisted my finger as small snowflakes appeared. The girl chuckled and tried to catch them. I stood up and looked determined at the city. I need to save the people first.