26 • His Confession

"Only those you trust are able to betray you"

✦ ✧ ✦

*Celeste’s POV*

As we sneaked through the dull alleyways, voices were heard in the distance. Raven was behind me, with her red and black eyes narrowing at me, while her kagune was shining behind her. Raven has experience when it’s about assassinating the enemies. She has killed many people in her life, not having a choice. I feel sorry for her, seeing the blood and families being ripped apart, because of that specific kill.

I had no idea what she could feel after doing such a thing. Even though I threatened that guard, I wouldn’t let Raven kill him. I hate the thought of killing people, taking them away from people that loved them. I couldn’t bear that thought. I shaked my head and tried focusing on the mission. 

We stopped at the corner of a house. I slowly looked behind the corner, looking for the voices, but there wasn’t anybody. I checked if Raven was still behind me, but you can guess.

She was gone.

I scanned the alleyway, but she wasn’t there. I looked up and saw a tiny purplish spike vanishing above me. She was walking on the roof! So not obvious..
My wings appeared and I swiftly flew on top of the roof, seeing Raven laying on her stomach, watching the ground below us. I quietly laid next to her and saw a group of guards talking to each other.  I looked behind the guards and saw the mouth of the caves, the colourful crystals shining towards us. 

‘’That’s the way inside! How are we going to get there without the guards seeing us?’’ I questioned while Raven stood up and took some steps back. ‘’Raven what are you doing?’’ I asked as she grinned at me, and suddenly started running towards the edge of the roof where I was laying. She jumped right off, high into the sky as her wings supported her.  She landed on the other house in front of me. She turned around, looking at me and smiling. 
‘’Too risky!’’ I signed with my mouth as she laughed. I stood up, opening my wings and quietly floating to Raven. 

‘’Who’s there!?’’ A guard suddenly screamed as I landed. Raven started laughing, but I felt irritated. How did they see me but didn’t notice Raven? Raven petted my hand and started dashing towards the guards. ‘’Wait!’’ I shouted, why did I even try? It’s Raven. She doesn’t listen to anybody. 

I ran after her but when she jumped off the roof, she did a somersault in mid air! How!?
I heard her laughing as guards were grunting. She was probably kicking their asses.

I looked down at Raven as I saw the guards laying on the ground, bleeding and groaning in agony. Raven looked in my eyes and smiled. How was she able to smile? 

I jumped down to the ground, clapping my wings to land on the ground with my feet. Raven walked towards me as she chuckled. ‘’You’re very slow for a Goddess.’’ She chuckles as I look at the ground, disappointed in myself. ‘’Why aren’t you able to kill? Have you ever killed someone before?’’ Raven asked with a curious gaze. 

I was young. A child following her parents. Following their goals, their quests, their dreams. 
‘’No one will love you when they find out you’ve killed someone! The Devil will visit the Empire and destroy us all! People will suffer because of you! Do you understand!?’’ My father screamed as I cried in the corner. Before I could come up with an answer, he marched away, smashing the door. My mother looked at me, shaking her head with her disappointed gaze. 

My family didn’t really fight. Except for some topics. Murder. Destruction. Death. 
We were a happy and strong family. My father was The Lord of Life, God himself. He was a nice man. Always wanting the best for me and giving me everything I wanted, without spoiling me. The first time he shouted at me was after a fight with the general of our army. Half of the army were killed by some Unknown God. My father was angry, because he knew who killed his friends. Every person he talked to was a friend of ours. So was the army.