8 • Burned History

"Behind the joy is always a hidden scar"

✦ ✧ ✦

I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. I took a seat on my bed and looked outside. The whole window towards the city was just glass. But from the outside no one could see me.

I wanted to visit Celeste at the arena. There was something said about training, so i'll go check it out.

I put on my clothes and went to the stables. I had black jeans, a black turtleneck thingie and a nude colour brown jacket.

In this immense castle you could easily get lost. I tried to find the stables and finally got to the big room with the 3D map table. I went to the stables as hundreds of eyes looked at me. Damn these creatures are scary but amazing.

I looked for the name tag with "Arka'' on it. Celeste said she could take me to the arena. As I walked further into the stables I found her stable, finally.

When I got closer I could see her body clearly. She had crystal spikes in her whole body. When the wyvern noticed me, she turned her body towards me and stood straight in a powerful position. She clapped her wings forward as the wind flew through my hair. Her eyes were baby purple with a white iris. Her body had a soft colour with blue and purple with crystal spikes and scales. The wyvern looked playfull in my eyes as she smelled under my armpit. I backed off slowly pushing her nose away from me. The wyvern shook her head and slammed her heavy head against my chest. The tough push threw me on the ground.
I did not see that coming.

"What was that for?" I asked as I looked at the wyverns eyes. The wyvern growled as she opened her own stable. Her head came towards me as i layed on the ground. I layed on my stomach so I could stand up but she grabbed the back of my pants with her teeth and held me in the air.

I started laughing as she held me in the air in front of the wyvern. She slowly placed me on her back and stared me in the eyes. She wanted to know where we had to go.

I somehow knew the beast would listen to me. His crystal eyes stared me in the eyes waiting for a response. I actually didn't want to go to the arena anymore.

"Arka, show me some interesting locations in Arcelia"

The wyvern walked out of his stable and slowly started to run towards the massive opening.
She clapped her wings and jumped out of the stable. A joyful scream left my mouth as I grabbed onto Arka.
"Please don't go to high Arka!"

She didn't give a shit.

She looked straight up and started flying at an immense speed. We went straight up. A big gust of wind hit my body causing me to lose my balance. I fell backwards and rolled over her body all the way to her tail. I tried to grab her tail at the last second but couldn't reach.

Yeah, there I was. Falling down in the air in a secret world nobody knew shit about.

I screamed so hard I just felt my longs getting ripped apart. But as soon as my back turned towards the ground I saw Arka diving straight towards me. She dived underneath me and I landed on her back.
Arka made a small chuckle sound. She was actually laughing at me!

"Yeah we got it. You don't have to make it more awkward for me" as Arka roared as we were above the castle slowly flying towards the city. It was unbelievable.

The city looked so majestic. Powerfull. Spectacular. Just every other word for beautiful.

Arka flew lower and landed on the roof of a large building. There were so many people! There were angels, I saw demons too. The empire was meant for everyone. Everyone was welcome here as long as you behaved, I believe.

Everyone looked happy. Some of them looked at Arka and waved. I assume they all know her.

Before I wanted to tell Arka to leave I saw a man in all black clothes, he looked kinda suspicious. He had a hood on so I couldn't see his face. He walked into a small alley. Arka apparently didn't notice as she roared and clapped her wings. She jumped off the building and started flying again without any warning.

"Next time tell me when you want to take off!" As I yelled, Arka chuckled. Again!

The man looked weird though. I quickly looked down to spot him and saw him standing with the guard I saw in the castle who took off with a phoenix.
I wanted to know what he was up to, even though I didn't know him. But I wanted to keep this for later, maybe tell Celeste too.

Arka started to speed up and flew a little bit higher. I saw the arena in the distance. Arka went towards it but when we got close she turned to the right. She flew lower and I noticed she wanted to land on the mountains around the city.

Right above the ground her head turned towards me as she grabbed me by my jacket and threw me on the ground.

"What was that for?!"

Im sure Arka does like to annoy me, a lot.
She chuckled at me, again!

She landed and walked past me. She looked at something. I stood up and walked towards her. As i got closer i saw what she was looking at.

It was a black field. There was no life. Everything was just dead. It was a black field with burned trees. There was nothing left, only ashes from the destruction.

She roared loud at the field. She looked angry but sad. Almost afraid.
Arka her head fell down on the ground. She looked sorrowful. In pain.

I sat next to her head and layed my hand on her head. I stroked her head for a while but then she stood up. I think she wanted to leave.

But she stood straight and raised her right wing. The inside of her wing was full of scars.

"Who did this to you?" She let me come closer as I wanted to take a better look.

"Did Zillah do this to you?" Arka shook her head. It wasn't Zillah. Who could it be?

I was mad. Who could hurt a lovely creature like Arka? Okay not that lovely but nice!

"I want to know who did this before we leave. This field, this destruction. Is this Zillah's doing?"

Arka nodded. It was Zillah's doing.

I came closer to Arka and hugged her. I wrapped my arms around her neck. She held her head against my back, I think that was her way of hugging me back. I patted her head and smiled at her.

"It will be alright, you got me and Celeste obviously!"

She didn't grab me by my clothes but lowered her body to the ground and laid her wings on the ground so I could get on.

I slowly climbed on the creature and she made a joyful screech. I smiled and stroked her neck.

"Let's go to Celeste shall we?"

Arka jumped off the mountains and flew to the arena. It was painful to watch that place burned to the ground. But the bigger question was, who hurt Arka? Who gave her those immense scars?

I will find out, and they. Will. Pay.