8. Scary Revelations

My mind was in disarray, a tangled mess of thoughts that I couldn't unravel. Today was one of those days when my brain just refused to function, no matter how hard I tried to make sense of things. And boy, did I have a lot to figure out.

There was a time when I could have lived blissfully ignorant of the existence of humans transforming into wolves. To be honest, that would have been the ideal scenario for me. But life seemed to have a sick sense of humor, and I found myself thrust into a world of supernatural mysteries.

Unraveling secrets was overrated, especially when it meant plunging into the depths of uncertainty and danger. I craved security and stability in my life, and now it seemed like all of it was slipping away. My emotional state was already fragile, and one more shocking revelation might just push me over the edge.

Yet, I couldn't deny the truth of what I had witnessed. It was etched in my mind with vivid clarity. The ladder guy had transformed into a majestic grey wolf before my very eyes, and the other two followed suit. It was no illusion, no hallucination brought on by fear – it was real, and that scared me to my core.

The idea of humans turning into wolves defied all scientific understanding. How could such a thing be possible? What supernatural forces were at play here?

I sat frozen on the cold floor, locked in a battle with my own mind. Part of me wanted to deny what I had seen, to believe that it was all a figment of my imagination. But the evidence was too overwhelming to ignore. I couldn't unsee what I had seen.

The situation felt spooky, eerie, and utterly bizarre. I struggled to comprehend the enormity of the discovery and the implications it had for my life. Was I in danger? Had I stumbled upon something I shouldn't have?

As I stared at the door in the dark room, my heart pounded in my chest. My mind vacillated between denial and acceptance. Was the ladder guy going to come after me now that he knew I had seen him? Did he see me at all, or was I fortunate enough to have escaped his notice?

The minutes dragged on, and my breathing finally began to steady. Exhaustion and fear washed over me, and I succumbed to the darkness, hoping that sleep would provide some relief from the chaotic reality I had stumbled into.

.

.

.

.

Squinting slightly, I reluctantly opened my eyes when I heard a commotion around me. Lisa, my assigned nurse, was staring down at me with wide eyes, her blue scrubs catching my attention first.

"W-Why are you sleeping on the floor?" she stuttered, clearly puzzled by my strange choice of sleeping spot.

Blinking a few times, I gazed around the room, which was now bathed in natural sunlight, appearing less daunting than it did during the night.

I looked back at the concerned nurse who was still towering over me, waiting for an explanation. "I think... I had a fever last night. I was feeling hot... so I just sat here and fell asleep," I replied groggily, hoping my explanation would suffice.

Lisa's worry seemed genuine as she stepped closer, placing her hand on my forehead and then checking my pulse by holding my wrist. "You really do have a mild fever," she confirmed, concern etched on her face. "You should sleep on the bed, or your condition might worsen," she advised.

Since I regained consciousness, Lisa had been taking care of me, perhaps even from the moment they brought me here. She was one of the few people I truly liked among the hospital staff.

My entire body felt stiff and sore. Lisa gently helped me settle back onto the bed and covered me with a blanket. Meanwhile, there was some commotion outside the room. I peered from the bed, my head feeling heavy as I observed Ashley walking in after a few seconds.