17. Forced Bond

Pain surged through my head, radiating down my shoulder and arm as I struggled to move. My eyelids felt heavy as if burdened by an overwhelming weight, and a strange heaviness seemed to keep me pinned down, making any movement difficult.

With a determined effort, I fought to open my eyelids, blinking rapidly to adjust to the harsh brightness around me. I focused on the figure above me. Zev was positioned on top of me, his legs straddling my hips, effectively restraining any attempt to move.

His attention, however, was fixed on something else. Across the bed, a bowl of water and a hand towel awaited his use. He dipped the towel into the water and then turned back to me, his expression serious.

In the midst of his actions, he suddenly paused, his golden eyes lighting up as they met mine. "Ah, you're awake," he remarked.

I blinked rapidly, struggling to process the situation. The memories came flooding back, the last one being him pressing his fingers against my neck, and then darkness enveloping me.

My heart raced as I glanced down at myself, panic seizing me. I was only in my black bra; the cotton shirt I had been wearing was nowhere to be seen. I took a shaky breath, a wave of relief washing over me when I realized that my shorts were still on.

However, my panic heightened as my gaze traveled upward. He sat above me, shirtless and clad only in black cargo pants. The sight left me on the verge of fainting once again.

His hand, holding a towel, moved closer, and instinctively, I intercepted his movement, gripping his wrist firmly. "What are you doing?" I managed to ask, my voice sounding groggy and strained. "And where are we?"

My surroundings came into focus as I looked around—a small room with wooden walls, me lying on the bed, and him positioned on top of me. The realization hit me, and my instincts urged me to displace him and get up from the bed.

I pressed both my palms against his chest, summoning all the strength I could muster to push him away. However, it felt like I was trying to move an immovable object, as if he was rooted to the spot.

Determined, I raised my upper body, putting all my effort into the task. "What are you doing, mate?" he questioned, his gaze fixed on my hands against his bare chest, a glint of amusement in his eyes.

"Trying to get you off me," I managed to grit out, a sharp pang of pain shooting through my shoulder as I increased the pressure.

He allowed my attempts for a brief moment, seemingly entertained by my determination. But soon, he reached his limit, swiftly prying my hands from his chest.

He smoothly pushed me backward onto the bed, my head sinking into the pillow as he secured my wrists on either side of me, his grip unyielding.

"Are you done?" he asked, his face hovering just inches from mine, his tone carrying a mix of impatience and simmering intensity.

Responding with a glare, I conveyed my anger through my fiery gaze. "What did you do to me?" I demanded, memories of our last encounter and my subsequent loss of consciousness rushing back.

"I brought you back with me," he stated matter-of-factly, as though it was the most natural thing in the world. His words hung in the air between us, heavy with a significance that eluded me. "I offered you two choices," he continued, his voice trailing off with a suggestive undertone. "But it seems you prefer it rough," he added with a smirk.

I brought you back with me.

The weight of his words slowly dawned on me.

"You kidnapped me," I murmured under my breath, the realization sinking in as I spoke the words aloud to myself.