12. Making you mine - II

The fever was gone. The body ache, temperature, and discomfort that plagued me in the past few days were also gone. I was exhausted from the countless times he woke me up last night, but aside from that, I was physically fine.

However, mentally, I wasn't sure. The memories of last night haunted me, and I loathed myself for missing his warmth.

I lay alone on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, trying to push away any thoughts of what happened. If I dwelled on it, I knew I would be shattered. Instead, I needed to find the courage to deal with everything and find a way out of this situation.

He had left me about half an hour ago, promising to bring breakfast. But my lips still ached from his animalistic kiss, from his nibbling and sucking. His warning before leaving echoed in my mind: 'If you try to run away, I'll hunt you down. I can trace your scent anywhere... so I hope you'll behave, mate.'

My broken phone lay in front of me, a casualty of his rage last night. It was beyond repair, and with it, any hope of seeking help vanished. I glanced at my bedroom door, which still hung loosely on its hinges. The damage from last night was evident now. Claw marks dug deep into the wood, a testament to his true nature.

I felt trapped, with no way to escape. Every window in the house was barred, a security measure my dad had taken to protect my mom and me while he was away on business trips. Now, it made me feel like a caged animal.

The only option left was the main door, but he was downstairs. I had no idea what he would do if I tried to escape. I ran out of options, so I lay back down on my bed. My body was sore and weak from last night's ordeal.

I couldn't believe how pathetic I had become. I wasn't even fighting him anymore, and the frustration of it all was slowly consuming me.

The doorbell rang, and my heart started pounding with hope. Maybe someone was here to save me. Could it be Uncle George or Ashley?

I dashed out of the bedroom and hurried downstairs. Surprisingly, he was nowhere in sight, and I took a deep breath as I opened the door. However, my hope was shattered when I saw a food delivery guy standing there with a huge smile. He looked like a teenager.

Maybe he could help me. I needed to tell him or use his phone to call the police.

"Please...Call the pol——" Before I could finish my sentence, two arms snaked around my waist, pulling me tightly against a hard chest.

I stiffened in fear. "Can't wait for food. Did I exhaust you that much last night?" He whispered, biting my earlobe and inhaling deeply from my hair.

My heart pounded even harder, and he extended his arm to receive the food package, but his entire focus remained on me. He trailed his lips down to my neck, and the delivery guy awkwardly handed over the package, his face turning red as he glanced away to avoid the public display of affection.

What should I do? I thought frantically.

'I'll kill him, he's looking at mate,' I heard his voice in my head again, just like last night.

Wait, he's not speaking out loud. He's in my mind.

That realization struck me like lightning. It explained how he could communicate without moving his lips. He was a werewolf, after all.

And then I noticed what I was wearing—an oversized sweatshirt, the first thing I could grab in a rush. I felt exposed and vulnerable in this situation. The delivery guy unintentionally looked at my bare legs, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Ansel's fingers dug into my stomach, and I could feel his sharp claws. He was breathing heavily, and I knew he was on edge.