14. They are crazy

How could you possibly love someone for an eternity?

I scoffed internally, my mind rebelling against the idea. I never believed in such crap, and I would never believe in it in the future either.

Because one lifetime filled with pure love was worth more than an eternity of nothingness. It was worth more than a thousand years of despair and hatred.

But such a lifetime of love and happiness was a distant dream for me now, it would always remain unfulfilled,..... a mere fantasy.

The longing for that one lifetime of pure love would always stay in my heart.

How could I even think about pure love after going through so much? Especially when my tormentor was sitting right in front of me.

"I promised her an eternity with me..." His words echoed in my mind, and the determined look in his eyes sent shivers down my spine.

His words held the promise of a future that I dreaded, an eternity of being trapped in his control.

But was he saying this because he loved me? The idea seemed ridiculous.

Love doesn't come with threats and force. The only thing I could see in his eyes was pure madness, the desire to control me, to own me.

As he lifted his hand, his fingertips grazed the bandaged wound on my neck, and a tingling sensation shot through my body. The horrors of that night were still fresh inside my head, and I flinched at his touch.

His eyes glowed brighter at my rejection, but instead of getting angry, he smirked.

My heart pounded loudly as he leaned forward, his lips mere inches away from my ear. His warm breath tickled my skin as he whispered, "Do you want to dishonor my mark again, mate?" His cold tone sent chills down my spine, and I felt trapped in his grasp once more.

He leaned back to meet my gaze, that cruel smirk still playing on his lips. My heart pounded in my chest as he picked up a strand of my hair and twisted it around his finger, making my skin crawl with unease.

"I think I need to show you who you really belong to," he said, his voice dripping with arrogance.

I shivered at his words, desperately looking around in the hope that someone would help, but they all stood there like statues, indifferent to my plight as if they were watching an interesting movie unfold.

"Zev..." I pleaded, but the mention of his name seemed to strike fear in everyone present. Even Steven and Nate appeared pale and uneasy.

Unraveling the strand of my hair, he cupped my cheeks with both hands, his eyes dilated and darkened with desire. "Don't say my name like that, mate. It reminds me of every single moment I spent inside you," he said, running his thumb over my lower lip. "And there are still a lot of cruel things I want to do to you," he admitted shamelessly, not caring about the audience around us.

"Take your hands off her!" Ashley shouted, her eyes blazing with rage. She tried to lunge forward, but Nate held her back firmly, though I could see sympathy in his eyes.

Galina stood behind them, her expression unreadable. Steven observed the scene silently, while Hactor looked at us with disgust, and the other man still lay on the floor.

My attention snapped back to Zev as he tightened his hold on my cheeks, his smirk widening.

Without warning, he pressed his lips against mine, nipping my bottom lip and then soothing it with a quick lick of his tongue. I tried to push him away, but he pulled me closer, smirking into the kiss and holding my cheek with one hand. With his other hand, he started exploring my body, making me feel both pleasure and humiliation at the same time.