Chapter 3

"Ro!" Lilah greeted me as we walked up to their house.

"Hey!" I said excitedly and engulfed her in a hug, "I missed you."

She led us inside where we went around and said hello to everyone we had not yet seen since coming back to South Carolina. It was so good to see everyone after such a long time, and especially since we left and weren't sure when we'd all see each other again.

Once I had made my way through, I went into the kitchen to grab a drink from the coolers. Rudy was in there as well so I went beside him leaning on the counter.

"Hi friend," I smiled.

"Hey Ro," he laughed.

"Are you excited for another season with me?" I nudged his arm.

"I'm sure it will be interesting," he rolled his eyes while chuckling.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well, last time you just brought chaos, a secret crush that turned into a secret relationship, fighting people in bars, crazy ex issues. I could go on and on. It'll be interesting to see what you bring this season," he joked and I let out a laugh.

"Oh, it'll be double that for sure," I giggled, "When you put it all that way, it sounds like a soap opera."

"Because it basically is," Rudy shot back, "Only you would get into that kind of shit."

"You're not wrong," I shrugged, "Can't wait to see what I'll bring. Some sort of big scandal."

"Your long-lost twin sister that you thought was dead come back to life?" He suggested.

"Maybe I become pregnant by a one-night stand during a break in my current relationship?" I added.

"Uh, what?" Chase asked walking up beside us.

"Oof," I laughed as Rudy toppled over in laughter.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Chase asked as we cracked up.

"We're just coming up with a soap opera plot that would happen to me since there were so many last time," I explained once we had contained ourselves.

"Maybe you'll end up in a coma and when you awake you'll have lost your memory," Rudy suggested.

"How about we don't wish for any of that?" Chase laughed.

"So you would be mad if Ro got knocked up?" Rudy joked.

"Woah, woah, woah!" I said putting my hands up in defense.

"I guess it would depend on who's kid it was," Chase chuckled.

"And with that, I am leaving," I announced stepping away from them.

"But Chase could be your baby daddy," Rudy called after me as a few people gave us some weird looks and glared at him before walking away.

"What was that about?" Maddie asked as I approached her and Elaine.

"Too much to explain," I shook my head, "You both look lovely tonight."

"Thank you," Elaine smiled while looking down at her outfit.

"I don't remember the last time I dressed up nicely. It doesn't happen as often anymore," Maddie laughed.

"Yeah, and you still probably won't. It'll be back to board shorts and swimsuits," I added.

"Which will be great for like the first few weeks. But after that, it'll get cold," she sighed.