Chapter 17

"How are you feeling?" Chase asked noticing I was now awake in bed.

"I'm okay," I said softly, "A bit foggy."

It was now the following afternoon after the hospital visit. Chase had woken me up throughout the morning to make sure I was doing alright before I could go back to sleep.

"You want some food?" He asked and I nodded moving the covers to the side, "Careful."

Chase reached for my hands to help me out of bed, "I'm fine. I'm not a fragile doll," I rolled my eyes but as soon as I was standing I swayed a bit. I gripped onto Chase's forearms as the spinning slowly stopped.

"I think, for now, you might be," Chase chuckled and I shook my head from any other dizziness.

I sighed and let go of him, "I'm gonna go to the bathroom then I'll be out," I answered.

"Just let me know if you need anything," he said and I nodded.

I closed the door behind me and went to the bathroom before looking at the sight in the mirror before me. My hair stuck up all over the place and my face was dirty. I gently ran a comb through my hair before putting it up in a bun and grabbed a washcloth to wipe down my face and anywhere else that needed cleaning as I didn't have the energy for a shower yet. Once finished I walked out into the living room where Chase was making sandwiches for lunch. Maddie sat in the living room watching some tv show but at the sight of me she paused it and sat up.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked moving to the side so I could sit with her.

"Better," I nodded grabbing a throw blanket and wrapping myself in it, "I don't like hospitals though."

"Yeah, that didn't sound fun at all," she shook her head.

Chase brought me a sandwich and some chips and set a glass of water on the coffee table, "Once you're done, I can give you the medication we picked up. You're supposed to take it twice a day."

"I'm glad someone paid attention to the doctor's orders," I joked, "Everything was a blur last night there."

"Really?" Maddie asked as I started to eat and I nodded.

"Yeah, it was kinda like being drunk with the spins," I answered.

"Oh, I hate that," she shook her head.

"Same," I agreed continuing to eat. Once finished I took my medicine and made room for Chase to also join us on the couch. I wasn't allowed any screen time for the first 48 hours so we sat and just talked for a while.

"So what happened exactly?" Maddie asked.

"Well, we were doing the scene on the pier and were literally on the last shot. Up until then, everything was going just fine, we had rehearsed the drowning scene plenty of times and each shot had gone over well," I explained as they both watched me intently, "But I don't know if it was the wet floor or what but when we did it the final time, I lost my footing and fell in completely and like hit my head on the bottom of the tub."

"Yikes," Maddie breathed as I continued.

"Yeah, it wasn't in any way Drew's fault, he actually saved me. Since we went through all the rehearsals he noticed immediately and pulled me out," I answered, "After that everything goes in and out. I threw up at one point and so that's when Jonas said I needed to go to the hospital and then it's all kinda fuzzy from there."

"I'm glad you're safe though," Maddie patted my knee as Chase gave me a squeeze around the shoulders.

"Me too," Chase agreed.