Chapter 18

I lay with my eyes closed waiting for Austin to enter the boathouse. I had gone back to work but was still not cleared for any stunts. We had even filmed our boat scene on the malibu out of the water in fear of too much rocking. Though most everyone was overly conscious, I was ready to be back at work. I had felt completely normal now with only a slight headache every so often when I had been working too long.

"Hey," Austin said softly as I opened my eyes, "How you feeling?"

He set a breakfast tray on the end of the bed as I sat up quickly looking at my surroundings.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"I don't know. Why?" He responded.

"No, I need to go," I shook my head, pushing the blankets back to get up.

"Wait. No," Austin interjected, putting a hand in front of me, "You're not going out there where your brother almost killed you. Okay? You're safe here. Have a little food," he passed me the tray before holding up a phone, "Oh, here's a phone so you can geta hold of me and I can get a hold of you. I just wanna make sure you're safe."

I took it from him and breathed deeply, "Thank you. I haven't had a phone since, um, the storm."

Austin sniffled slightly, "Sarah, I thought that you were... I thought I'd never see you again. It's so good to see you," I reached for his wrist as he rested his hand on mine, "I'm glad you're okay. Well, eat up. I'm gonna get the Malibu ready. Just let me know if you need anything, okay?"

He left the boathouse before they called cut. It was our final take of the morning for this scene. We were to meet the rest of our friends at the Chateau for the next scene. It was a quick turnover as the crew packed up all the equipment and Austin and I drove over as I was not yet cleared to drive. I had a post-concussion test later this week to make sure I was set to go. Then hopefully everything would be back to normal. I felt fragile and wanted to get this all done and over with.

"I can't with this upcoming scene," I shook my head as we drove.

"The whole married thing?" Austin laughed and I nodded.

"It's just such an awkward conversation and also annoying. I understand why it's in here but like I'm also not ready for this fight between John B. and Sarah," I explained.

"Yeah, I mean for the upcoming scenes they're both kinda in the wrong, but you gotta look at it from a teenager's perspective. Teenagers do dumb stuff," he laughed and I chuckled too.

"Oh yeah," I agreed. We had a few scenes at the Chateau then I would be done for the day. They had spread out my scenes so that I wouldn't be in for long hours at a time. We pulled up and parked. I could see the crew unloading the malibu into the water. Our friends were sitting around the yard and Chase met us halfway.

"How are you feeling?" He asked turning to walk beside us.

"Good as always," I rolled my eyes. Chase knew by this point that I was over that question as that's all anyone ever asked me.

"That's good to hear," he nodded and took my hand in his.

We joined the rest of our friends, mingling until we were ready to shoot. Austin and I loaded up in the malibu and with it being a no-wake zone around the Chateau I said I would be fine in the boat.