Chapter 9

"Alright, three two one, go," Chase counted.

I squealed as tears started to run down my face, "I don't know if it's in far enough."

"That's what she said," Rudy called from across the room behind a curtain.

"Shut up," I shot back. We were all doing our COVID tests for the day and were swabbing our noses. I had gotten it done a few times but never doing it myself. It was our first day of filming altogether. Chase and I had filmed our scenes coming into Charleston and how John B. and Sarah had not officially gotten married. But today would be our scene where the pogues all reunited and I was super excited to film it. We did have to wait until our COVID tests came back before we could do anything else. I had some extensive makeup that needed to be done with my bullet wound and making it look like we had been roughing it for the past few weeks. I had also been continuously studying the script and trying to remember all that had technically happened already in the show and even though it hadn't been filmed yet. It was definitely a weird process of events where we did have to stick to script a bit more otherwise it wouldn't make sense once it was all compiled together in post-production.

We all received negative Covid tests and got up to head out, "Dang, Chase isn't the father of my child," Rudy said taking a look at his result as we left the trailer.

"I'm sorry, we'll try again soon," Chase told him patting his chest and I rolled my eyes.

Chase and I split to makeup, this year to keep up with our tans they actually had a spray gun that helped make us look a bit darker. This was the first step before we went in and got our actual makeup done and then after I had gotten my wardrobe they worked on my bullet wound area with blood and touching up the already bloody shorts.

They were filming the start of the pogues car chase and we would come in where we left off yesterday and almost get hit by the pogues driving by. We would film the reunion and then finish off with the pogues leaving Charleston on the boat. It wasn't a terribly long first day but I was glad to be back filming with everyone again. Once Chase and I were good to go we were shuttled over to some residential streets of Charleston where they had been filming the car chase. All our friends were waiting by the truck and we joined them as the stunt crew went over how the scene would go. We were all given cues on when to start running and when Rudy would be turning onto the street that we were crossing. They had us run it a few times before actually filming so that we were set to go.

Chase was carrying some gas cans and we started crossing the street at our cue. Rudy came barreling around the corner, honking as he went.

"Jesus, look out!" Chase yelled pushing me forward as we rushed across the street. The truck just passing us as we fell into the curb. The second car followed around the corner and cut off the man that was chasing us from the earlier scene.

Chase wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me to my feet, "Maniac," I gasped as we watched the truck leave.

"Wait is that?" Chase started.

"Heyward's truck," I finished as he started to gether the gas cans.

"Hey, come here!" The man chasing after us yelled, "Hey, come back! Hey!"

"Come on," Chase started to run down the sidewalk.

"Okay," I sighed gripping my bullet wound. We finished the scene and had to wait a bit longer for the rest of the group to finish the car chase scene. It only took a little while longer before our friends joined us where we were eating snacks.

"Good to be back," JD stated as we all sat spaced apart for social distancing. It didn't really matter if we were spread out or not since most of us lived together but we still did just be safe.