Chapter 8

"Alright, and just weave on over here," Ronnie, my boating teacher, instructed.

I cut the motor and lined the boat up with the dock as we came in at the end of my lesson. I let the waves guide it towards the opening, only exhilarating when keeping it from hitting the docks. I rushed around once settled and he took over the reigns to put out the bummer bouy's. We're they called that? No. But it was more fun then what they actually were called.

"Nice," Ronnie told me giving me a high five once we were set.

"It's better than my parallel parking with an actual car," I laughed.

"Which doesn't make sense, but we'll take it," he laughed. We packed up everything and covered the boat before splitting ways.

A car honked ahead of me and I looked up noticing Chase's truck at the curb. I smiled and jogged over to the passenger door and hopped in.

"You didn't have to drop me off and pick me up," I rolled my eyes as I put on my seatbelt.

"Of course I did," he grinned as he pulled forward, "I got the rest of the day off. What did you have planned?"

"Well I've been trying to work out at least every other day," I started, "I don't think you would wanna workout with me though."

"Sure, let's do it," he agreed.

We left for the apartment and once there split up to go get changed into our workout clothing. Chase was waiting out in the hall once I was ready before heading down to the gym. We both started on the treadmills to get warmed up then Chase went over to the punching bag whereas I started doing my arm workouts. It mainly consisted of a few different sets of bicep curls, shoulder press, push ups and so on. After finishing some crunches I laid flat out on the floor as I felt my entire body ache.

"I can't move," I sighed.

"Well isn't that the point of a workout? That you know it worked?" Chase asked sitting up from the bench press.

"I'm gonna have stay here all day. Just leave me," I responded. Chase finished his workout while I did nothing and then we discussed what to do next.

"We could take Milo for a walk and find some food?" Chase suggested.

"I could use some tacos," I agreed.

"What was the point of working out?" Chase joked and I rolled my eyes. The door to the gym opened and I sat up quickly not wanting to look weird just laying on the floor.

"Oh hey," I greeted once I noticed it was Kelley.

"Hi guys, what's up?" She smiled setting down her water bottle and speaker, "Did you just get here?"

"No, we're about to head out and get some tacos and walk Milo," I answered, "What do you got planned today?"

"I just finished my shift so I'm working out then I have a date tonight," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh my god," I squealed, "Where's Drew taking you?"

"I'm not sure, he hasn't said," she responded and smiled at the ground excitedly.

"Well you'll have to tell us all about it," I grinned. We said our goodbyes before going back upstairs to freshen up before our walk. I only changed into a T-shirt and then I was ready to go. Milo was excited to get outside and play. There was a Mexican restaurant about 20 minute walk away so we headed on our way. They luckily had a patio so I went inside to order our food and then brought out to Milo and Chase. I grabbed a cup of water and poured it into Milo's dish then sat down to eat.