Chapter 14

"What's going on?" I asked now fully awake as I struggled to get untangled from my bedsheets.

"I don't know. Chase just seemed a bit off after we wrapped. I'm not sure if it was the fight scene in the jail or what's going on," Rudy responded as I had freed myself and rushed to get a sweatshirt on to throw over my sleep shirt.

"Have you talked to him?" I asked slipping on some shoes and looking for my keys. The clock on the oven read that it was about two in the morning.

"I tried but he said he was alright and now I can hear him pacing in the room," Rudy replied.

"Alright, I'll be over in a minute," I nodded before we both hung up. Once I found my keys I rushed out the door and down the hall. Their door was open and I found Rudy waiting in the kitchen as I shut the door softly behind me.

"He's in his room. I'm just not sure what's going on and thought it would be best for you to come," Rudy explained and I nodded. I set my stuff down on their counter before making my way over to Chase's room. I could see the light on underneath his door and footsteps creaking as he walked around. I knocked softly and opened the door as Chase turned mid-step to face me.

"What are you doing here?" Chase asked as I shut the door behind me, "You should be asleep."

"So should you," I noted walking over to him, "What's going on? Why didn't you come over to my place?"

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want to keep you up," he sighed running a hand through his hair, "Did Rudy call you? You should be sleeping."

"It doesn't matter. I'm here now," I grabbed his hands to steady them. They were sweaty and slightly shaking. I squeezed them tightly as I watched as he calmed down a bit, "Now tell me what's on your mind?" I asked softly and guided him to sit with me on the bed as we faced each other.

"I'm just...I'm just overwhelmed. I can't figure it out," Chase stuttered over his words, "There's just so much going on, but it isn't any different from last year and I don't know. My brain just feels like it's running constantly at a really high speed and I can't comprehend what it is."

As he continued to ramble I reached for his shoulders and pulled him into a tight hug and he pulled me in close and his head fell into my neck. I felt him take a deep sigh of relief and seemed to slowly calm down. Chase struggled between breaths as he let out a soft sob.

"Just breathe," I instructed softly, "In and out. Just listen to my voice and concentrate on that only. Everything is going to be okay. This is all a lot to take in. Season one was fun and had a good pace to it because we were nobodies, no one had seen the show yet, we were just trying to make a good tv show that would hopefully get picked up," I explained, "The show is out now and a lot more people saw it then we thought and with season two it's a lot more intense than season one. We also have this weight on our shoulders that we have to make it the absolute best to keep up with last year. That's really stressful. And now with COVID and the spotlight now on us as we are not nobodies anymore it can all add up."

Chase had seemed to calm down a bit as I had run my hand up and down his back.

"It's all a lot to take in especially as one person, but that's why we have each other, you have me, you have our friends, everyone on the show," I continued, "Let me take a load of it off of you. Relax and realize that no matter what happens we have each other, we have these memories and we don't need to be perfect all the time."

"Thank you," I heard him say softly into my neck.

"This isn't something you have to go through alone. Remember because I am in it for the long haul," I told him our common phrase. We stayed in silence for a while and continued to embrace each other.

"Thank you," Chase repeated again and I felt his grip loosen so I let go of him, "I love you."

"I love you too. Just let me know what you're going through and I will be there," I told him reaching for his face to brush away any tears with my thumb, "Just take it a day at a time and we will be alright."