Chapter 5

"Good morning," I said softly as I sat down beside a sleeping Chase.

He groaned rolling over towards me and I had to move the tray I was carrying quickly so that he wouldn't knock into it.

"Chase, wake up," I told him when he stopped moving again.

"What?" He asked with his eyes still closed.

"Happy Birthday!" I smiled and it caught it his attention as he blinked his eyes a few times before starting to wake up. "I made you breakfast."

"Really?" He asked rubbing his eyes and starting to sit up.

"Yeah, here," I set the tray down beside him and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Thank you," he smiled as I got settled, crisscrossing my legs.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked.

"You mean I get to decide?" He laughed, "That's great."

"Are you going to say something like golf?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey now, I don't think I deserve any judgement on my birthday," Chase shot back grinning at me.

"I guess you're right," I sighed.

"But..you do did make a pretty mean breakfast, so I'll settle for mini golf," he said with a mouthful of pancakes.

"I can deal with that," I nodded, "What else do you wanna do?"

"I don't know, we could take it as we go?" He shrugged and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I'll be back. I just gotta go change. Meet you in a little bit?" I asked and Chase gave me a thumbs up as he continued to eat. I kissed his head before going out the door. I got ready quickly doing my make up first then trying to pick out what to wear. I put on a white off the shoulder crop top with some puffy sleeves and had little orange flowered embroidered on it with some high waisted jean shorts. I grabbed a sweater as well just in case it were to get cold. My hair was straightened too and I threw it back in a ponytail for now. Once I was set I went back down the hall with Chase's present in hand.

"Hey Ro!"

I turned back the way I came and saw Kelley waving,  "Oh hey! How's it going?" I stopped.

"Good," she smiled, "I haven't seen you in a bit."

"Sorry about that. We've been so busy with work," I sighed.

"It's no problem at all. We definitely need to hang out again soon," she told me and I nodded in agreement. We had a beach day a few days after we had met and last week we had gone out for pizza. It was nice to have someone outside of my work friend group to hang out with. Not that I didn't like spending time with my friends but we did hang out a lot between work and in our apartments.

"Hey, you doing anything tonight?" I asked. 

"No, I'm off today," she answered.

"We're having a party tonight for Chase's birthday. You can officially meet everyone," I suggested.

"Really? I don't wanna intrude," Kelley laughed.

"It's no problem at all. I would love for you to come!" I smiled, "It's down in the lounge. Everyone is getting down there at 6 but if you wanna wait till 6:30 that's when we'll get there."

"Okay, yeah! Sounds like a plan," she smiled. We said our goodbyes and went on our way. I walked into Chase's apartment.

"Get out."

"F off," I told Rudy who was in the kitchen.

"You're annoying," he shot back.

"Yeah, and so are you," I rolled my eyes.