Chapter 21

"So what's the plan for Friendsgiving?" Maddie asked as we all sat in JD and Austin's apartment.

"Isn't Friendsgiving supposed to be tomorrow?" Elaine asked and we all agreed.

"Wait, I thought Friendsgiving was in a few days," Austin answered.

"That's Jonas' Friendsgiving, we're having our own too," Maddie explained.

"You mean to tell me I gotta fit three Thanksgiving meals in this stomach?" He gasped.

"Well looks like there isn't a plan," Drew said plainly.

"I mean isn't it usually everyone just brings a dish or something?" JD asked, "Cause I don't know what Thanksgiving foods I can make."

"And where are we having it?" Chase asked.

"I think we should have planned this out a bit better," I stated sarcastically, "Who knows how to make a turkey?"

"Well I can't make one but I can cook one," Rudy answered and I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I meant," I shot back, "So then Friendsgiving is at your place. What can the rest of us make?"

We continued discussing who could bring what so that we would have everything covered. Maddie and I were in charge of desserts and were going to make an assortment of pies. We then realized we had to go figure out what we needed from the store to make sure we had all the ingredients to start baking. Everyone went their separate ways and Maddie and I rushed to the store.

"So what are we thinking? Apple and pumpkin pie?" Maddie asked.

"And maybe pecan?" I suggested and she nodded in agreement, "There's a lot of us to feed."

We split up and went around the store gathering the ingredients needed. I pushed my cart around the corner going to grab some pie crusts and then would be set. I went down the aisle and saw a familiar face.

"Come here often?" I asked grinning as Chase turned quickly but then eased as he saw me.

"The baking aisle? Never." He answered.

I reached beside him to grab the pie crusts, "What are you looking for?"

"Rudy needs some sort of bag? To wrap the turkey in I guess. It's supposed to marinate it, I'm not sure," he shook his head.

"There," I pointed to the top shelf in front of him.

"Oh," he laughed before reaching to take it before we continued down the aisle, "It might have been better if we all went to the store together as we were definitely all going to end up here anyways."

"Yeah, that would have made sense," I agreed.

"Well I gotta get back to my list," he waved it in the air backing away from me.

I laughed, "Good luck." I found Maddie waiting at the checkout and gathered up our items and left to get started.

+++

"Okay, I think were finally set," I sighed as we put each pie in the oven the next day, "What are you wearing?" I asked Maddie as I washed my hands.

"I think were going more casual? I mean I'm gonna need comfy pants to fit all this food in," she said patting her belly and I laughed.

"Agreed," I said cleaning up the kitchen. I still had to shower and get ready but we had plenty of time.

"Good morning," Rudy announced as he and Chase entered the apartment.

"We're borrowing your table," Chase added as they beelined for the table, bypassing us both and picked it up.

"Um, okay?" I asked confused, grabbing the door as they took it and left without another word.