Chapter 16

"Alright we'll get a few more takes and then we should be good for the night," Jonas told us as I arrived back to the scene now fully dry again.

"Honestly, if I had more scenes like this I feel like I would be a bit more awake," I joked with Drew as we waited for them to be set, "With the combination of the cold water and then being in the cold air afterwards. It definitely wakes you up."

"Now you know for future night shoots," he laughed.

"Yeah, I'll just request an ice bath before hand," I rolled my eyes. They were ready for the take and I hoped it wouldn't be too much longer. Each take took about 10 minutes or so to shoot and then another 20 minutes or more for me to dry off and get touched up. It was already around midnight I assumed and I was ready to be done.

"And action," they called.

"Wheezie?" I asked pacing up and down the dock, "Come on, Wheeze. Is that you?"

I looked around the corner and there stood Drew, "Nah, not Wheezie," he said.

"Where the hell is Wheezie?" I asked taking a step back from him.

"Don't worry about it," he stated as I continued to back up, "Listen. Whoa. It's all good. I...I just...I needed to talk to you, like, a little bit. Is that okay?"

"Don't come near me," I said putting a hand up in defense.

"Cause...cause what you do, Sarah, affects me, okay?" He said taping his temples, "You don't...you don't think of that, do you?"

"You shot me, Rafe," I stated and he threw his hands up in the air.

"That's it, right?" Drew started to pace around, "It's always my fault, right? Like, you know, I...I wanna keep what's mine, that I got by my work and I'm the bad guy for trying to hold on to it?"

"It's not yours," I answered before bringing my hands to the bridge of my nose.

"Like I'm wrong to protect what's mine, huh?" He continued, "Listen to me, okay? The cops are going to talk to you, and I need to make sure the story's straight because..."

"You killed Peterkin," I finished, "My story's straight," I paused and he turned his head looking me in the eyes with an evil look, "Listen, this would go better for you if you would..."

"Who are trying to protect here? Huh?" Drew asked getting in my face.

"I'm trying to do the right thing," I breathed quickly.

"You're trying to do the right thing?" He raised his voice.

"I can't..." I stammered.

"You doing the right thing..." he repeated as I tried to continue, "No, you're not listening to me. You doing the right thing is the reason that you got shot. Because you were following John B."

"John B. might get the death penalty because of you!" I shouted as the tears surfaced.

"That! That right there." He yelled in my face as I took a step back. "That's...that's exactly what I'm talking about, Sarah.

Drew circled around me before sitting down in a crate beside us, "You know? You've always been against me."

"No. I haven't," I said softly, shaking my head.

"Don't shake your head," he answered, "And you still are," he paused, "No, no, no, no. You're not just against me. You're...you're against us. We're your family, and you're against us."

I sniffled softly watching him stand back up to face me.

"You know, Dad always takes your side, right? Cause you're gonna cry in front of him like you cried in front of me," he explained as he stepped forward, "But you listen to me. I'm a proactive type of person, Sarah. And we have a problem, and I gotta solve that problem tonight. Do you understand?" He asked before shouting when I didn't answer, "Do you understand?!"