Chapter 24

"Do you ever get so nervous that your gag reflex goes off like crazy?" I asked Maddie and she gave me a look, "I swear it's a thing, whenever I'm really really nervous it like triggers it or something."

"That's an interesting....habit to have," she responded as we stood side by side doing our make-up in the bathroom mirror.

"Yeah, I don't know why I have it," I shrugged finishing up my mascara.

"I think you're definitely overreacting," she answered, "You've talked to Chase's family before."

"Yeah, but only over Facetime," I answered, Chase's mom and her family had gotten in late last night and we were going to brunch with them this morning. I was going to meet Chase's dad and his family after the New Year before we go to Barbados.

"Just relax and don't try to throw up on them," she joked.

"No comment," I rolled my eyes before heading into my bedroom to get changed. I put on some light-washed jeans and an orange off-the-shoulder button-up sweater. I wasn't trying to go too dressy so I put on some white tennis shoes.

"Lovely Rose, are you ready?" I heard Chase call as the front door closed.

"She's having gag reflex issues," Maddie called from the bathroom.

"Uh, what does that mean?" He asked as I left my bedroom.

"Thanks, Maddie," I shook my head, "You can announce it to everyone."

"Some people when they get stressed, get headaches or insomnia. Ro gags," Maddie explained.

"That's weird," Chase looked at me concerned.

"I'll be fine," I assured him grabbing my wallet and phone off the counter.

"Just make sure she doesn't throw up on anyone," she added and I gave her a look.

We left hand in hand going down to the lobby and to Chase's truck. "Your hands are sweaty," Chase noted.

"Thank you for that," I said letting go of his hand to wipe mine on my jeans, "I'm just nervous that's all."

"Hey, at least my family knows we're dating," he responded.

I laughed, "That's true."

Chase opened the door for me, "Everything will be just fine," he said giving me a kiss on the head before I got in. We drove to the restaurant we were meeting at as they had their own car from driving up from Florida. Once we arrived we walked towards the entrance when we heard someone call for Chase. I turned to see his family walking up, his sister ahead of everyone else as she ran to him and engulfed him in a hug. I stayed to the side as they all caught up to him.

"This is Rosalie," he said placing a hand on my arm before I could step back any further. I was soon receiving hugs from everyone in the group as well.

"It's so nice to meet you finally," his mom, Jen, told me, "We've been waiting so long."

Once we got through introductions we went inside and were sat at a table. Chase had a very big family, three siblings on his mom's side and two more on his dad's, the ones I had yet to meet. I was seated beside Chase and one of his brothers Evan.

I sat quietly as they all caught up, not wanting to interrupt. We ordered drinks and I felt Chase's hand reach down to my leg that was bouncing up and down. I hadn't even realized, I normally did that when I was nervous though. He gave me a reassuring squeeze and a smile when I turned to look at him.

"So Rosalie, are your parents coming for Thanksgiving too?" Jen asked me.

"No, they have to work but I'll be going to see them for Christmas," I answered. The thought popped into my head of how Chase and I will have to choose which family to celebrate which holidays with in the future.