Chapter 35

We were nearing the end of our time in LA, I had met Chase's dad and his family and it all went swimmingly of course. Just my usual overreaction. They didn't live far outside the city so they were going to be watching Milo while we were away. Once we returned and were back in LA full-time then we'd get to spend even more time with them.

This evening my agency was hosting the signing party at a restaurant downtown. They had rented out the place and all the head people were going to be there along with those that were already signed to them. I was a bit nervous as some of those people were already big-name artists and I knew absolutely nothing compared to them.

"Are you overthinking?" Chase asked coming up and sitting beside me as I sat on the couch. I had the TV on but I was focused on the view through the window as I dazed off in thought.

"Maybe," I shrugged, rolling my head to the side to look at Chase as he threw an arm around me.

"It'll be a great evening, don't you worry," he squeezed my shoulders tightly.

"I know," I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"Plus I'll be there and some of our friends," he continued, "So there's nothing to worry about."

I nodded in agreement and went back to looking out the window, "Is now a good time to tell you that I got you a present?"

I turned quickly in his arms, "What kind of present?"

"A present that's for you," he stated and I rolled my eyes.

"How specific. We already had Christmas, what's this for?" I asked eyeing him as he got up from the couch.

"It's just a celebration of everything and anything present," he shrugged backing away.

"Again, not very specific," I called after him as he turned out of sight down the hall.

"You ask a lot of questions," I heard him digging around somewhere.

"And you don't give a lot of answers," I shot back sitting and waiting for Chase to return.

Once he did he slid a large box down the hallway and into the living room before stopping in front of me. I looked at the box and then at him and then back at the box.

"Well the only way you're gonna find out is if you open it," Chase chuckled reaching for my hand to pull me up.

He handed me a pair of scissors to cut the tape and I slowly opened it. There were packing peanuts that I had to dig through before I got to the present. As soon as I could make out what it was I stopped, "You didn't."

"I might have," he shrugged.

I reached for the leather casing and with help go the guitar case out of the box and laid it out on the ground. I opened the latches quickly and saw the light wood colored body of the guitar and took a step back.

"You got to be kidding me," I smiled looking up at him.

"It's the right one, right? I went through your notes from when you were doing your research on which one to get."

"Yes, it is! I just can't believe it," I said giddily and got up quickly to hug him, "Thank you!"

"Well don't keep me waiting, try it out," he squeezed tightly before I went back to grab the guitar. It was a bit out of tune but I fixed it quickly before strumming some cords.

"I love it," I smiled.

"Well I'm glad, you needed your own guitar if you're gonna be on a record deal," he bent over and kissed the top of my head.