Chapter 20

Chase and I had been avoiding each other the past few days, purposefully of course. We had our big scene with the Druthers coming up and I wanted to keep my distance the same as John B. and Sarah. We had already discussed no matter the feelings that were expressed in the upcoming scenes we needed to continue on. It was difficult to come up with these feelings of hatred for someone that you adore.

"Well, this is depressing," Elaine announced walking into the trailer as she heard the sad music I had playing over my laptop.

"Sorry," I laughed turning it off.

"Actors and their method acting," she rolled her eyes.

"I just needed to get in the mindset," I answered smiling slightly.

"Well they're ready for you," she said before leading me out of the trailer. We went into the Chateau and I sat across from Maddie. The guys were in the house sitting at the table. I sat getting into a sullen mood before they started.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Ward Cameron, king of the Kooks, is going to jail!" Rudy shouted from inside as the guys all laughed around the table.

I glanced at them sadly and fidgeted with the pillow on the couch.

"Goodbye! Goodbye!" Chase chimed in.

"Adios! He out of here! Adios!" JD shouted.

I sighed looking away from them and out towards the yard.

"Do you regret it?" Maddie asked me.

"No," I shook my head keeping my eyes out on the yard, "He deserves all of it, and I know that."

"He's your dad. I get it," she responded, "I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle."

My phone rang with Austin's face on it. I looked at Maddie and apologized, getting up.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Sarah," someone off-camera said as I paced around the porch, "Hey, sorryto be the, uh, bearer of bad news here, but they're...they're coming for your dad." I breathed heavily, "Grandpa just signed the warrant. And, um, if you haveanything you want to say to him, I would do it now.Just wanted you to know."

"Thanks," I answered as the group behind me cheered.

"I'll be here if you need anything, okay?"

The scene ended after we did a few more takes. It was pretty early in the day still as we had an early call time. I was pretty exhausted and these emotional scenes could take a lot out of you. Having to go all out every time made me so tired. We had already completed the ride to Tannyhill and all we had left was the Druthers scene. Everyone packed up their things to ride over and get set up. It was going to be a long day of filming. We had some downtime before we would need to be at the dock and I remained by myself until called upon. We filmed outside the walls of Tannyhill and jumping over to run towards the dock. I kept away from Chase the coldness of our scenes really getting to me. This is what we had wanted though.

We waited by the end of the dock all huddled together about to run as they called action. Charles was anchored out on the Druthers ahead of the dock. Cullen Moss who played Shoupe was trying to reason with him.

"Listen, buddy! I know you're upset," Cullen called out to him.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Charles answered, "They're sure as hell gonna makeyou sheriff now, though," he chuckled, "You deserve it! You caught my ass fair and square. 'Cause I did it. Did all of it."

We started running down the dock. Chase ran just ahead of me.

Charles voice started to break, "Trying to protectmy family, you know? Look at us now."