Chapter 28

"You've become quite famous on my Instagram," Rudy stated as we sat in hair and makeup.

"From what? The video?" I asked. Rudy had posted a montage of videos and photos from the last week or so, including a video of me playing the piano at the party.

"Yeah, everyone loves it, and your singing," he noted.

"It's like I went to school for it or something," I gasped and then laughed, "That's really cool though. Maybe we can convince Jonas to do a musical episode of Outer Banks."

"Fuck no," he answered immediately and I laughed.

"Yeah, those episodes are usually tacky anyways," I answered. Once we finished, Rudy asked if I wanted to go hang in his trailer. We were filming the bonfire scene tonight so it was going to be a late night and I was stocked up on energy drinks. I sat on Rudy's couch and took his guitar strumming it softly as he tossed a ball at the wall.

"Are you gonna become like a pop star now?" Rudy asked watching me play the guitar.

"What? No. Why do you say that?" I asked pausing.

"Well, it is something you're good at," he shrugged, "Just something to think about."

"I actually came up with a little melody in my head," I answered, "You wanna hear it?"

"Of course, I do. Does this mean I get to be your very first fan?" Rudy asked.

"Obviously," I nodded then messed around with the guitar a bit before a strummed a few chords.

When you think of love, do you think of me?
Do you think of sunshine and memories?

"I don't really know what to put here but the sound is all the same, and then would come the chorus," I said humming the tone that the lyrics would be if I had them.

Got me feeling like a love-struck puppy
Like a kid with a two-scoop sundae
Like a dreamer who dreamed enough to be where they wanted to be (Song Credit to: The 502s)

I continued through the song without the lyrics and then stopped.

"Are you kidding me?" Rudy asked, "That was so good. Has Chase heard it?"

I shook my head, "No, it was just something that has been living in my head the last few days."

"That's wild, I can't believe you just came up with something like that," he responded, "It's got a folk kind of feel which I think is your vibe."

I nodded in agreement as we continued to sit and wait around. I tried to come up with other lyrics, this wasn't something I thought I'd do professionally only for personal stuff. It was nice to have another outlet to let my emotions out cause god knows I had a lot of those. Elaine stopped by to let us know we were starting soon. I grabbed my energy drink and made my way over to set. There was a lot of dialogue in this scene and all over the place so we kinda were just in the background while another scene was happening. There was a huge cement slab up against the forest. They had a bonfire going already as they were filming some of Chase's scenes already. I found him in the waiting tent where our chairs were set up.

"Hey," I said sitting beside him.

"Hey, where have you been?" Chase asked grabbing my hand to hold.

"I was just hanging out with Rudy in his trailer," I responded drinking some of my energy drink, "Want some?"

He nodded and took it from me, "Is this scene a little too soon for what we went through?"

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled.