Chapter 32

"Dude I missed you so much!" Aliyah said as we sat down for lunch.

"I know! I'm sorry we haven't talked much, with season 2 we were pretty busy," I answered, happy to be with my friend again. We hadn't seen each other since the ending of West Side Story but still kept in touch here and there.

"You're totally fine! You're a big tv star now," she laughed, "And maybe music star? That video you posted was so good!"

Once I had made it back to New Jersey, I ended up posting a video of me singing Waves, the song I had written for Chase, on social media one night while I was missing him. I had come up with the title that night after the thought of all our evenings on the beach watching the waves roll in. It had immediately blown up and everyone was loving the song. I hadn't met with her yet but Liz had said a few agencies had reached out interested in discussing record deals. I wasn't sure if I was ready for that yet as just coming up with one song was hard enough.

"Yeah, I didn't really expect it to but it seems everyone loves it," I laughed looking through the menu.

"It was amazing! I didn't know you wrote songs," she stated.

"I don't, just that one song. That's why I'm a bit hesitant with doing anything official as I don't want to end up in over my head with something I can't handle," I responded.

"Well if you ever need a bass player, I got you," Aliyah offered.

"Oh that could be fun," I raised my eyebrows.

"I got some song writing experience, but I don't think its something you should turn down completely if its what you really wanna do," she replied.

I nodded in agreement before changing the subject, "So what have you been up to?"

"Just sticking with the company that ran West Side Story, we're now doing Chicago. Still not a lead, but hey, it works," she responded.

"That's so cool! I'll definitely have to come see you before I leave again," I told her. We continued to catch up before I needed to head to an interview. I walked through the streets of NYC and was reminded of a year ago when I had that terribly long commute. The weather was just the same, I had a big puffy jacket on that went almost to my feet. I also had a meeting with Liz while I was still in town. I thought my break was going to be a bit more relaxed but unfortunately it seemed to be promo interviews and auditions. The interview I had today was with Seventeen magazine and so I was headed for their offices. Once there I was set up with hair and make up before getting sat down for the questions.

"Thank you for joining us today, I know you are a busy woman and are really excited you are here," the interviewer told me. The set we were on consisted of a white backdrop and I was just sitting on stool. I had changed into a long sleeve sweater with a cut out on the chest and some basic skinny jeans with some booties.

"Thank you for having me," I smiled taking my mask of to answer the questions.

"So we got some just basic and personal questions and then a bit about the show, so we'll get started. How do you cheer yourself up when you're feeling down?"

"Hm," I thought, "Usually I like to be by myself so I'll either sit down and read a book to kinda escape whatever is making me feel down. I also really like bubble baths, those help a lot."

"Who do you think your celeb doppelganger is?"

"I've gotten Zoey Deutch a few times which is a huge compliment," I laughed.

"What artist have you been playing on repeat lately?"

"I got a mix, I usually make a playlist of songs each season of those that I really like. Abba is always on it though, so that might be my go to," I responded.