Chapter 30

We only had two episodes left here in Charleston and I couldn't wait for warm weather. Unfortunately, New Jersey stood in the way of that but either way, I was counting down the days until I was in above 70-degree weather. The group was currently filming our car crash scene in a simulator but with my previous concussion we deemed it not safe for me to do so I had a stunt double in today. Once I had finished any lines that I had, I was good to go for the day. Leaving the entire day to myself.

I went back to the apartment and tried to decide what to do. Honestly, I didn't have much I needed to get done. I started off by calling my parents to see how they were doing as I hadn't talked to them in a bit. They asked how filming was, how Chase and my friends were doing, and started telling me about what they had planned for the holiday break. I was only going to be there for two weeks before I had to leave for LA but any time with them was worth it.

After that, I watched TV for a bit and read some of a book I had slowly been reading but then an idea popped into my head and I texted Rudy asking if I could go to his apartment. Once I was clear, I entered his and Chase's apartment with my spare key and went into his bedroom to borrow his guitar. Maybe I could try a hand at my songwriting a bit more. It wasn't my specialty though. I had thought maybe I could give Chase this song I had started for our year and a half anniversary/Christmas present. Since we wouldn't be together for the holiday. I thought back to Rudy's comment about going into the music industry, but I didn't have any experience besides theater, and like I had said, songwriting didn't come as easily to me. It was something that I had started to like doing in my free time though.

The instrumental part of the song was already completed as it was just the same few cords. Though I did add in a few extra parts in between the verses. I had imagined maybe a piano playing the extra melody though.

When you think of love, do you think of me?
Do you think of sunshine and memories?

What could come after that? I had to have at least one more part there. I thought about any memories with Chase that I could input there that would go well with the lyrics. I thought back to our most recent date in the hot tub and came up with nothing. Our date prior to that driving along the beach to the ice cream store.

"Do you think of...." I said aloud as I wrote out the lyrics in front of me, trying to piece the words together before playing the tune over and over, "Driving in my jeep or no. Driving to the beach in my jeep." I liked that so I wrote it down. I still needed a bit more though.

When you think of love, do you think of me?
Do you think of sunshine and memories?
Do you think of driving to the beach in my jeep, playing Fast Car loud?

That was it, one verse down, one and a half to go. After jotting down some more ideas, I decided to take a break as I felt like getting up and doing something. I hadn't been to the gym in a bit. I got changed into some biker shorts and a sports bra before lacing up my shoes. I had meant to ask Drew what kind of tape he had for the punching bag but had forgotten. I'd have to ask him soon as I definitely liked it. After filling up my water bottle, I made my way down to the gym.

I put my earbuds in and got to work, starting with a warm-up on the treadmill before doing some dumbbell workouts. Working out by yourself was so boring, I liked going with other people so that we could encourage each other. I should look into some classes, that would be fun too. Like Zumba or Kickboxing. Once I was covered in sweat I started a cooldown as everyone would probably be coming back sometime soon. I was also getting hungry, I could see what we have to cook and make some dinner. I gathered my things and left the gym.

I got into the elevator and as the doors were closing a hand stopped them and they reopened. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of Kelley entering.