12.

Work was starting to stress me out.

After the blissful weekend that I had with Mal and the friend date to the cinema I had with Luke on Monday, this. . . today. . . was stressing me out. The mockup of the magazine campaign had come back and they had messed everything thing up, it was like they did the opposite of what I had wanted. What I had specifically asked for.

I've had meeting after meeting today and worked straight through my lunch. I only survived because I had stuffed half a sandwich in my mouth and worked while I munched on it. The only meeting left is a presentation my department had with Mal today and I was already stressed.

I grabbed all the files I needed and walked to the elevators, my co-workers beside and behind me. It was safe to say we were all nervous about the presentation, even me. Yes, Mal is my boyfriend but he was also my boss who liked things involving his business done perfectly. I also wanted him to like the presentation and to be proud of me.

Somehow, I ended up being the last person to walk into the meeting room. I simply, I literally, took a step in and tripped over air, falling to the ground and documents flying every where. The entire room was silent as I stared at the ground in shock for a few seconds. I muttered apologies as I got up, only to be assisted by a warm hand on my back and another holding onto my hand and helping me up.

I was so frustrated.

My eyes were stinging and I felt like I had been strung tight.

I didn't need to look to know who it was that was beside me, the size of the hands and his scent were obvious enough.

"Are you alright, Alexei?" he asked and I. . . I was close to tears.

I was mortified, tired, frustrated. Today just wasn't my day and I just wanted to leave.

I opened my eyes, turning towards Mal to look at him. I didn't know how to say it, I didn't know what exact words to use but he seemed to get the message. He does not let go of me as he looked at the room, the other occupants in the room. Were they watching? What were they thinking? Do they know about us now?

"This meeting has been postponed. I'm taking him with me." Mal said and then I felt myself move. He doesn't lead me towards my office or his, he just takes me down to the parking lot and towards his car. He held the car open for me and made sure I got in safely and buckled my seat belt for me. I just wanted to cry.

Mal takes me to his home, pulling the car into his driveway. He comes down from the car and so did I, before he could walk all the way over to me. He didn't press, it just felt like he just knew. My head felt like it was drawn, pulled tight and so did my body.

My boyfriend slid his arm around my waist and pulled me to him.

"I'm sorry about today." He said. He was honestly the sweetest. He didn't know what happened. Or maybe he did, he is afterall the president, the ceo of the company.
"It was so stressful." I said, my voice coming off softer and lower before, a tone higher than a whisper but he still heard me anyway.

"I know, baby." He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

We walked into the house, going up the stairs until we go to his room.

"Why don't you take off your clothes and slip into your robe. I'll set up a bath for you." Mal said, his hand coming to softly stroke my cheek. He was so soft and was staring at me softly. That sounded wonderful, to be honest.

Mal pressed a kiss my forehead, giving me a small smile when he moved backwards. He leaves me in the room while he goes into the bathroom to set everything up. I do as he says and slipped out of my clothes and pushed them into the laundry bag, I walked all the way to the closet, naked as ever, and pulled on the fluffy white robe Mal had gotten for me from our night out.