13.

I sighed as I scrolled through the website on the screen. It was during work hours but I was not doing anything and I wanted to get something nice for Mal. At first, a watch caught my eye but it looked to basic and Mal already had a lot of watches.

Then I thought tie but then he doesn't wear a tie as much and again, it felt basic to me. Our fashion style was so different and I didn't want to get him something that I would wear. I already knew what he liked but I just couldn't find the perfect thing. Ugh. I had been at this for hours and still, nothing to show for it.

I sighed and leaned back into my chair. I wondered what he was doing. If he was in a meeting or if he was also in his office thinking about me. I wondered if I should go up to his office but the rumour about us dating has been spreading like a disease.

I picked up my phone and pulled up Mal's contact.

To Mally: Hey. Are you busy?

The reply doesn't come immediately but it does come.

From Mally: Never too busy for you, lovely

My cheeks heat up and I bit down on my bottom lip, fighting the urge to spin around in my swivel chair. He says the nicest thing sometimes, honestly. While I was distracted by my thoughts, I got another message.

From Mally: Want to come up to my office or should we go out? There's a nice ice cream shop not too far away from here

That sounded perfect. I could get ice cream rolls. I have been craving that for a while now.

To Mally: Ice cream sounds perfect. I'll meet you in the parking lot

Mal's responds quickly after that, saying, see you soon. I was so happy and excited. It's been weeks since we started dating and it still felt like the first day, the first date. All the excitement and a little nervousness.

I shut down my computer and got off my seat. I was in a brown long sleeved top tucked into cream high waisted, wide leg pants.  I recently had my hair dyed black and it had grown out a bit more and was no longer a French crop but was coming down my forehead. I was missing my fringe a bit. Maybe no more cutting my hair for me.

I grabbed my wallet and phone and hurried out of the office, I didn't want to keep my boyfriend waiting. Thankfully, I was the only one who took the elevator down to the last floor where my man was waiting for me.

I had to walk a little bit but there he was leaning against the car, clad in a form fitting suit that hugged his frame and made him look so wonderful. His hair was styled off his face and he was tapping on his phone, once he notices I was there, he looks up and smiled widely at me and pockets his phone, holding a hand out to me.

I slipped my hand into his and he pulled me closer to him and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"You look more and more beautiful any time I see you, my brightest star." He said and my cheeks heat up while I smile shyly at him. He was such a gentleman.

"You look very handsome too, honey." I said and I giggled at the tips of his ears turning red. He looked so cute. He walked me over to the other side of the car and opened the passenger's door for me, shutting it once I was seated and strapped it in.

We talked a bit as we drove towards the ice cream parlour that Mal knew. Music was playing softly and it felt like I was in a movie. When we finally got to the ice cream place, we got out and walked in. Just before we could state our order, Mal's phone started ringing.