19.

Its Wednesday and it's nine thirty and I haven't seen Mal.

I hadn't slept over at his last night and I had called him this morning but he didn't pick, instead he texted me. I had thought he was in a meeting and would make his way back to work later but there's this feeling at the bottom of my tummy and I just didn't know what it was.

I picked up my phone again, ignoring the meeting that was happening. It's been ten minutes and Mal hadn't replied to my message yet. I bit my bottom lip, jiggling my leg a little. I could stay or I could excuse myself and call him outside.

I ended up walking out of the board room, phone pressed to my ear as I dialed Mal. He picks on the third ring and coughs. He coughed.

"You're sick." I said, already making my way towards my office so I could get my wallet and bag.

"I might have a little cough." my boyfriend said, his voice coming off a bit thick, like he had a stuffed nose. Oh, he might also have a fever and he's probably alone and in bed.

"I'm on my way."

"You're at work. I can hold on till end of the day for you." Mal said, breaking off into a cough.

"Mal, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Okay, flower."

"I love you." I said just as I walked out of the building.

"I love you too, little star." he said.

I hailed down a cab and my first stop was at a pharmacy, I got some drugs for Mal as well as two bowls of chicken noodle soup for him. By the time I got to his house, forty minutes had gone by and m worry was only increasing. I wondered if he had, had anything to eat this morning. I typed in the pass code at the door before going on.

I found Mal lying on the couch, a soft grey blanket wrapped around him, the tv was on but on silent and his eyes were closed, there were small beads of sweat on his forehead, his lips slightly parted. I rushed over to him and pressed a kiss to his forehead. He felt so hot, even just against my lips. So I placed one bowl of chicken noodle soup on the table along with the drugs and took the other bowl to the kitchen and leaving it in the fridge.

I looked through the cupboards and took out a plastic bowl, filled it with water, added a little ice and grabbed a brand new towel from the racks before making my way back to Mal. I gently soaked the towel in the cold water and squeezed before gently placing it on Mal's forehead.

Mal's eyes snapped open and he looked right at me.

"Hey." I said, my voice soft and calm. "Sorry I spooked you." I told him as I brushed my fingers through his hair.

"It's alright." Mal said, clearing his throat as he slowly blinks at me.

"I got you some drugs and chicken noodle soup. I'm going to need you to sit up for me." I said, my hand still brushing through his hair. I took the wet towel off his forehead, soaking the now warm cloth into the ice water before helping Mal sit up. His nose was red and so was his bottom lash line.

Once Mal was sitting up, I was right beside him, holding the chicken noodle soup in one hand and feeding him with a spoon with my other hand. I made sure he finished the bowl of noodle soup and took his drugs, pulling a face at the drugs.

I thought I had seen all sides of Mal but sick Mal as the cutest so far. He was cuddlier, he pouted and the sniffles, raising a tissue to blow his nose, the red tint on his nose, cheeks and tips of his ear. Once he was done with his food and medicine, he curls up next to me, his nose tucked into my neck as he relaxes into me.