43

When they got there, George was already home.

George saw them and went straight to get Alek. He took him away from Fred's arms. He started to make funny faces at Alek. "Mum came over, and she dropped some food for us," he said, pointing at the table.

Irena and Fred quickly went to the table and started to eat while George was still carrying Alek. "Aren't you eating with us?" "No, I'm going to see Rue. I was just waiting for you lot. Especially Alek, who I haven't seen all day." 

George handed Alek back to Fred. "Be careful and tell Rue I said hi," Irena said, putting more vegetables on her plate.  George waved at them and left. Irena and Fred continue to eat.

Once they were done eating, Fred washed the dishes while Irena took Alek to his room, changing his diaper. When Fred was done with the dishes, he went into Aleks room and got a book to read to him.

Alek fell asleep in his crib, yawning; Irena and Fred went to their rooms.

It was early December Fred, and George had already left for the shop. Alek was still sleeping. Irena had gone to his room to check on him since everything was so quiet.

Irena decided to use this time to take a quick shower while Alek was still sleeping. She got her clothes from her closet and went to the restroom. After she was done, she got out of the restroom and went into Alek's room; he was just waking up.

She got him out of his crib and started her day. Fred was going to be home soon, and Irena wanted to cook something; she was also hungry.  She placed Alek on the floor with a few toys near him. He wasn't too far from the kitchen. Irena could still hear him if something happened. She set the vegetables on the kitchen counter, got her wand out, and the knife started to cut the vegetables.   While she was cooking, once in a while, Irena would check on Alek, making sure he was fine. He was holding one of his toys. 

She finished cooking everything just in time as Fred was opening the front door and walking inside. She pointed her wand at the dishes that were in the sink that she had used, and they started to wash themselves. "I love being a witch," Irena said, cleaning her hands.

Fred went to where Alek was and sat next to him on the floor. He got one of Aleks toys and started to play with his son. Alek moved his hands in front of him, trying to get the toy.

"The food is ready," said Irena walking to where Fred and Alek were. Fred, still holding Aleks toy, smiled at Irena. "Coming," he said, getting up from the floor and picking up Alek.

Fred got two plates and placed them on the table. Irena and Fred took a seat and started to add food to their plate. Alek was sitting on Fred's lap. He started to move his hands when he saw Fred bringing the food to his mouth. "You can't eat this just yet," Fred told Alek, moving his fork away from his reach. 

Fred and Irena started to talk. Fred told her about the shop. Fred was excited talking about his day, but he noticed that Irena wasn't happy. She has been in the flat with only Alek. "You should come tomorrow," Fred told her. Irena started to smile. "You and Alek can be there half the day with me. That way Alek, can know where his father works. And you can get out of the flat for a little while."

"That will be great, and I kinda miss the shop." Fred smiled, "George and Verity are going to love having you two there."

Once they were done eating, Fred set the plates on the sink, where they continued to wash themselves. Irena had taken Alek to his room for his nap. She was done feeding him and was rocking him for him to fall asleep.

Irena was happy for tomorrow she wanted to get out of the flat.