84

Leah Daisy Weasley was ready to attend her first year of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. The youngest children of Fred and Irena Weasley.

It was a bittersweet moment for the parents. Their oldest son had already graduated, and Damian was on his last year. There she was, standing between platforms nine and ten. She has been waiting for this day for years. 

"Come on, pumpkin," said her father with his hand on her shoulder. She smiled at him and took a deep breath.

Damian had already said goodbye to his parents and was talking to his friends, making his way into the train.

Leah saw her parents; her mother couldn't contain her tears as her father was holding back tears. His little girl was going to Hogwarts. "Ill miss you so much, pumpkin," said Fred, messing her hair. "Dad! don't," said Leah trying to fix her hair. "I won't be able to mess with your hair until Christmas. Let me mess it up a bit more," said Fred, getting closer to her with a goofy smile. She saw her father waking up to her; she placed both of her hands on top of her hair. "Dad, please don't. Mum, tell him something."

"Alright, you two." Irena got Freds arms and moved him to her side. "Don't forget to write." "I won't," Leah said with a smile.

She got her trolley, smiled at her parents, and walked to the train. But she didn't get far as she felt her father mess with her hair once again. "Love you, pumpkin," he left running. Irena rolled her eyes, watching her husband leave.

Leah was inside the train, looking for a compartment. She continued to walk when she heard her name. "Leah! I finally found you," said her cousin Roxanne who was also going to her first year.

"Come sit with us," she said, sticking her head out of the compartment she was in. Leah went back and went into the compartment Roxanne was in.

There were already three more people there. "Ugh, River, get out of here. Go bother someone else," said Roxanne to her older brother, pushing him out of the compartment.

Rox patted the seat next to her where she was sitting. On their way to Hogwarts, she found out the names of the two other people that were there. They introduced themselves as Frank Longbottom and Katie Wood, and it was their first year too.

As the group of four were talking, she saw through the compartment glass how her cousins got in trouble for throwing a dungbomb in the compartments at the end of the train. The smell later got to them.

Her cousins River, Louis, and James were older than her but loved to prank and mess with people. "The first day hasn't even started, and they are already going to get points taken away," said Rox shaking her head. "Anyway, where were we.." They continued their conversation until they were at Hogwarts.

Once the train had stopped, excited first years got out of the train and followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. "No more than four to a boat," said Hagrid pointing to several boats by the shore.

The four of them made their way, looking for an empty boat. The boat moved a little, trying to hold on; she placed her hand next to where she was sitting, but she didn't notice how the young boy Frank was close to her, causing her to hold his hand. She looked at their hands and at the boy. "Sorry, I didn't mean to," she said, quickly moving her hand, embarrassed.

The boy didn't say anything; he only smiled and blush. Leah didn't see this.

Once everyone was seated, all the boats started to move.  Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Headmistress McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, form a line and follow me."

She saw her older brother at the Gryffindor table. When he saw her, Damian made a funny face, making her laugh; he was excited to see what house her sister would go to.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," said McGonagall.

One by one went up the steps. Frank was sorted into Gryffindor, while Katie was sorted into Hufflepuff.

She heard her name being called "Weasley, Leah." She heard her brother cheering her on as she walked up the steps and took a seat.

'Hmm, I see a lot of determination and ambition, but where to put you. I know..'

"Slytherin!!" shouted the hat.

Leah was the second Weasley to be sorted into Slytherin.

Her brother, not surprised by this, stood up and clapped and cheered the loudest. Roxanne was the third Weasley to be sorted into Slytherin.

Leah was happy to have Rox with her.

Frank II Longbottom

Katie Wood